Easy, cheap fix for windshield washer no squirt.

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It's always something. My WWasher stopped shooting cleaner. Pulled off the RF wheel well covers to reveal the reservoir. Pulled off the pump and found the outlet was plugged up with algae or something green and slimy. Pulled the outlet and cleaned. Bought WW fluid. Done. Wish they were all this easy.

I haven't had this (algae) problem with either LS, but I have had it with my daughter's Sonata. The bottom of the reservoir was full of it.

I'll need to look at mine...the other day I tried to spray mine and all I got was the wipers grinding the schmutz across the windshield. It's like nails on a chalk board!

I had this problem, where a touch of the wash button activates the wipers but the fluid pump does not energize. I also pulled that fender liner and investigated. I hot wired the pump and it runs, but there is no voltage sent to the pump (or ground, whichever is switched) so I have a good pump but a bad FEM or DDM or some module. Funny enough, this has been the case for 2 years. I solved it with a universal spray bottle filled with Prestone windshield de-icer. Rotate the variable adjustable nozzle to shoot a stream and stop the car, shoot the windshield with that spray, then the rain sensing wipers do their thing! Low tech, low cost, and we are good to go. Never really had to pull over during a drive for this, so it is routine startup maintenance whenever the glass looks dirty.

I haven't had this (algae) problem with either LS, but I have had it with my daughter's Sonata. The bottom of the reservoir was full of it.

Is there a definitive go-to source for this issue? Like its impossible to find a direction on where to start. Mine doesn't squirt, but the wipers work as intended. I dont hear the pump.
If I bought a new pump, would that solve my issue?

@lincoln_zero, You would need to check voltage to the pump, or supply your own 12 volts to the pump to see which it is. Mine is a dead driver circuit, the pump is fine. Also the year of your car is important, as the generations have different means of supplying washer power.

Yeah, you need to check for 12V at the pump first (while someone is pressing the wash button). My 04 has an intermittent problem with this. The 2nd gen drives the washer pump from the electronics in the "smart" wiper motor, and I have narrowed it down to there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back