E.T. Quistion.?

quickblue302

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So a few years back I went to the local dragstrip "sacraceway" and a best of 15.1 @ 97 mph with a 60ft of 2.35 on bald street tires. Now I'm guessing that's a good trap speed but I was woundering about my 60ft. What is a good 60 time on street tires?

My other question is, now I have an sct chip from Dennis and steeda under drive pulleys. Are those mods worth 5/10th or more? So 14.5 or so?

93 mark.

I pulled a 2.1 60' with my 93 Mark blowing the right rear tire off everytime. Found old time slips a while back... I did a 14.4 @ 97mph. There's more to be had with your run. For every 10th you drop in the 60' time, that's 2 10ths in the quarter you'll drop. From what I've always been told.

With a chip and u/d pullies.... real life.... maybe 2 10ths and that's being generous. You really need to focus getting out of the hole. Then you'll start droping your ET. Better tires, gears, trak loc unit.... for starters

I went 1.81 on Nitto 555R's. 245/45-17's Thats the fastest I have seen. One guy says he did same time but no slips.

Depending on what track I was at. 1/8th mile I'd pull a 1.98 best 9.48 and with 9.6s at 74-76mph consistent. Best 1/4 mile was 2.12 with 15.2 at 94.

My other question is, now I have an sct chip from Dennis and steeda under drive pulleys. Are those mods worth 5/10th or more? So 14.5 or so?

93 mark.

NO. 5 tenths is a lot. I'll bet your combo with 4.10 gears/trac-lok and good tires would get you a mid-14 though maybe. Stall converters work wonders out of the hole too provided traction. A good high stall converter(particularly a 9.5") can be worth up to 5/10ths alone. With a stall, you can leave at a higher rpm and maintain rpms much higher in the powerband into the next gear. (less "fallback" on the tachometer into the next gear) and of course multiplying torque to a greater degree with a high stall converter always provides better acceleration which will net you a faster et. Gears and a stall converter makes a killer combo for these heavy cars for an everyday daily driver Mark8 that needs a swift kick in the arse. "Gears get you in the powerband quicker, and a high stall keeps it there."

0aef30372397c455805abd95250e0a6e.gif

0aef30372397c455805abd95250e0a6e.gif

What rpm are you launching at. And where you foot braking it or do have some form of roll control.
Thanks

I heard a rumor he has a very unique way to stage....:p

~ducks as Frank takes a swing~

A transbrake would sure be fun

I thought so too. After reading over on a Stang forum, the common consensus was that it doesn't work well with the 4r70w. Lentech makes a vb kit but it's expensive and that's not even to say nothing will happen especially with our cars running locking converters. I predict lots of broken input shafts at the very least.

So a few years back I went to the local dragstrip "sacraceway" and a best of 15.1 @ 97 mph with a 60ft of 2.35 on bald street tires. Now I'm guessing that's a good trap speed but I was woundering about my 60ft. What is a good 60 time on street tires?

93 mark.

When are you going back out to Sac Raceway? I am there frequently. I can help you run mid 14's with your setup no problem...

Just a heads up will be at Sac next Wednesday the 27th in the Lincoln Mark VIII. Will be going for 3 street wins in a row, in 3 different cars. I think this has never been achieved before. Also, there will be a mobile dyno there, you get one run with A/F for only $25. Will put the Lincoln on the dyno as well! Hope to see you out there!

How the hell did u manage to run 11.49 with only 367rwhp?

Edit: oh nevermind. Rwtq. :facepalm:

LOL not in the Lincoln, and the GTO has 367 rear wheel torque on the dyno through an unlocked converter... ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back