E-Brake handle boot

Kulow

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
02 LS8. E-Brake boot seems like it is missing a clip and wont stay down, not that nice cosmetically. Does it have a part number? If it doesn't, does anybody know where I can get one on the net without going to a junkyard?

Never got an answer so uhh...bump

maybe someone has an answer.

Had that problem with my 2000 - it's the leather that bunches up around where it clips under the plastic of the console.

Try snipping some of the excess leather away from the clip area, and see if it'll stay down.

Try the dealer, maybe they have some of those clips, of maybe they'll have the boot for sale with the clips.

The boot has a broken clip. It's usually the front one that breaks. The clips are molded into the base of the boot. Like Todd said, try Bill Jenkins at the link on the right side.

You say it seems like it's missing the clip - have you pulled the whole works up to check?

Tried to see if it's the leather bunching around the front clip?

I still need to take a look at it. I dont exactly need to pull the whole thing up, since the whole thing is always up. As for Team Ford, I checked and you can't get the boot by itself you have to buy the entire assembly, thanks but umm not gonna spend 100 bucks on something that is just cosmetically annoying. Gorilla glue is only a few bucks. lol

I still need to take a look at it. I dont exactly need to pull the whole thing up, since the whole thing is always up. As for Team Ford, I checked and you can't get the boot by itself you have to buy the entire assembly, thanks but umm not gonna spend 100 bucks on something that is just cosmetically annoying. Gorilla glue is only a few bucks. lol

Call and talk to Bill Jenkins. I replaced just the boot on mine, so the boot is available seperately. at least it was 4 years ago.....

There is a plastic frame around the bottom of the boot that has a protrusion at the front and rear that "snaps" into the console. It's usually the front one that breaks.

But what's going to keep the new boot from breaking, get the gorilla glue and fix it for good.

But what's going to keep the new boot from breaking, get the gorilla glue and fix it for good.

Mine has been on for 4 years or so now without a problem. My dealer said something about a defect as they were replacing a lot of them and there was a re-design. That's all I remember.......

Members online

Back