Dynomax Ultra x-flo muffler

lilbp12369

New LVC Member
Reaction score
For all of those out there looking for a decent sounding exhaust for not to much money here is what I did. I bought a Dynomax 17552 Ultra-Flo X Stainless Steel Muffler and cut out the factory resonators and H-pipe and this muffler fit perfectly in the tunnel clearing heat shields and all. This muffler was a great choice for me so I did not have to purchase 2 mufflers and an x-pipe it was an all in one deal. Then I cut out the factory mufflers and put 12 in long by 3 1/2 in Cut Angle Polished SS tip and welded them in where the mufflers were. The system sounds amazing and much lighter than what was on there stock. Total investment including paying a muffler shop to weld everything up was right under $200. There is no drone when cruising and its not annoyingly loud either. I get lots of complements on how the exhaust sounds and lots of "I have never heard a lincoln sound like that before"... This is all on my 2004 ls6. I know its not the v8 however it does sound amazing. Will get some pics and post shortly. Hope this helps someone else out since I did not see anything similar when I was researching.

The dynomax ultraflow's are on the best free flowing mufflers on the market, sound pretty tame normal driving but at WOT they sound amazing.

I would like to see under car shots as I am interested in this setup.

image.jpg,image.jpg,image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

36473 dynomax tip number muffler is a 17552 dynomax and the piping is all custom bent from cats back... was gonna put x pipe in but didn't see the point

Oh my music to the ears, well i know what im getting next :D what was the overall cost for muffler and piping.

Too bad the OP wouldn't come back in and compare car to car.

Like the sound, just need to piece it together it sounds like.

Members online

No members online now.
Back