Dynomax Super Turbos Installed

djKale

Dearly Departed Friend
Reaction score
I decided I wanted a bit more growl from my exhaust so today I installed a couple of dynomax super turbo mufflers. They sound good, but they are a bit on the quiet side. I'd like them to be more throaty, but didn't want to sacrifice a quiet interior @ 70mph. I may be removing the resonator too. I will post some soundclips this weekend for reference...

Originally, I was gonna go with the Flowmaster delta 50s since they sound perfect on my Mark VIII, but I was told they would be too loud on the Northstar. I'm beginning to doubt that now.

Kale

I also have Dynomax Super Turbos on my ETC.They were quiet at first.But like Monster said,they need to break in and they will be louder.Mine sound great.

Good to know. What kind of time frame should I expect? A week? A month???

Kale

Two weeks. Probably less with the cold weather. As soon as you run WOT any backpressure will pack them tight and they'll get louder.

How much more HP comes with that sound? I'm considering getting a new exaust system if its contribution is worth the $$$.

Looking for those sound bites DJ... When I changed the exhaust on my MARKVIII it was loud man... LMS System... Super nice DEEP GROWL, but it wasn't quiet by any means... If you've seen Geno's XLII commercial you'll know what I mean!!

Members online

Back