Dyno numbers

NYC LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got the 87 dynoed this past Saturday at Mustang Magic out on Long Island, NY.

These are uncorrected numbers, as you can see that it says STD on the sides. Also, the sheet is scaled differently per the dyno guys. Says it makes it easier to read, that's why HP & TQ don't cross at 5252RPM.

1st pull (40psi fuel pressure) 277.9hp/313.9tq, 11.9 A/F
2nd pull (35psi fuel pressure) 281.7hp/315.9tq, 12.3 A/F
3rd pull (30psi fuel pressure) 285.7hp/318.8tq, 12.9 A/F

The lowering of the fuel pressure is due to the 24 pound injectors that are too much right now for what I'm running. The last run got the A/F ratio to 12.9, but the car will buck at part throttle because it's too lean.

Timing is set at 15* base.

dyno%2520run03-1.jpg

Not too shabby for a set of ported E7 heads with stock valve sizes and a .544 lift cam. :)

Oh, and if anyone knows how to convert these to SAE numbers, feel free to post the corrected numbers. :D

Very Nice.. Great Job NYCLSC

Driller posted this:

Joey, go to www.wunderground.com and look up the weather stats for the day and location of your dyno. Then find the elevation.

Weather plays a HUGE part in dyno results. When I got my numbers it was 70 degrees in the morning but a disparaging 78% humidity with a barometric pressure of 30.02 at about a 200 foot elevation. That gives a density altitude of about 1100 feet and a dyno correction factor of 0.992.

Dyno correction factor

Some places automatically correct the numbers, most don't. Be sure to ask, you don't want to 'correct' them twice.

So my 252.5 RWHP / 262.8 RWTQ equals 250.48/260.7 corrected numbers using the 0.992 correction factor.

Thats alot of power for the 1.78s and 1.45s. Heads would prove to be a huge increase. Who did the port work? Was it a complete port job?

I ask because I did my own work on my heads, porting mostly exhuast side with removing that thermactor thing, openned both intake and exhaust shrauding and cleaning up the transition to the chamber on both. The intake side of the port just got deburred and nearly a perfect gasket match to the intake. On a carb car you can actually look into the single plane and inspect your work. The exhaust chamber was literally huge compared to what it was, I had to clean the headers leading edge up, the port was so much bigger. These were the older 58cc heads, so ther was alot more to remove than compared to the H.O./truck heads. I did have the seats openned to 1.85 and 1.55 and used the stainless narrowed shaft Manley valves. Its nice to see some strong numbers out of a stock head, these days people just pitch them and get the aftermarkets. BTW I've got .523 and .530 lift. I'd love to see similar numbers to those. This motors in my, don't laugh, 76 CobraII.

NYC LSC said:
These are uncorrected numbers, as you can see that it says STD on the sides. Also, the sheet is scaled differently per the dyno guys. Says it makes it easier to read, that's why HP & TQ don't cross at 5252RPM.

Weird. Never heard that before.

Members online

No members online now.
Back