dwls

Motts

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
well a buddy of mine got pulled over..
his 3rd offense DWLS (driving while license suspended in MIchigan) I figured there is someone here who may be able to help out.

The 3rd in Michigan can be tried as a felony with an automatic 1 yr sentence. But he has an uncle who is a detective in a neighboring city from where he got pulled over.. Do you think his uncle will be able to do anything??? hes been there for over 30 yrs. :slam

well i'll answer in case anyone wants to know.. his uncle told him to go in for the araignment.. plead' not guilty.. then after the record has been recorded.. he'll call the judge/prosecutor and work things out.. ask them for a "favor"... In which he'll then go to court with my buddy and represent him as well.. so i guess he'll get off on just fines.. and No "record" even though its his 3rd offense.. which can be tried as a felony charge.. the local court will provide punishment such as fines... no jail time.. then they sometimes send a letter to the county court.. and you have to go before the judge for a felony charge.. but in this case he wouldnt have to go

I too was pulled over this weekend for my tinted windows. In Iowa the legal limit is 70% on front driver side and passenger windows, unless you have a medical waiver then you can have them done at 50% I just had to sign a piece of paper at the tint shop saying I need darker tint because my eyes were bad. So my parents and I were on our way out of town to get something to eat when I was pulled over. My mom was sitting in the passenger seat and works at the local courthouse and knows all of the patrolman. Once he saw my mom he told me what the legal limit was and told us to have a nice evening. Thanks again mom........

Motts said:
well i'll answer in case anyone wants to know.. his uncle told him to go in for the araignment.. plead' not guilty.. then after the record has been recorded.. he'll call the judge/prosecutor and work things out.. ask them for a "favor"... In which he'll then go to court with my buddy and represent him as well.. so i guess he'll get off on just fines.. and No "record" even though its his 3rd offense.. which can be tried as a felony charge.. the local court will provide punishment such as fines... no jail time.. then they sometimes send a letter to the county court.. and you have to go before the judge for a felony charge.. but in this case he wouldnt have to go

Wow Motts...I don't know what to say here. I sure don't want to offend you or anyone else, but don't you think by now that he should have learned his lesson? I think it's about time to take the guys car from him for a while if he can't refrain from breaking the law. I know one thing for damn sure...if the offense was for DUI, then he should be spending a considerable amount of time in jail. As for this charge, the law is the law and I would say it's about time he learned to respect it...even if he doesn't agree with it.

2001LS8Sport said:
Wow Motts...I don't know what to say here. I sure don't want to offend you or anyone else, but don't you think by now that he should have learned his lesson? I think it's about time to take the guys car from him for a while if he can't refrain from breaking the law. I know one thing for damn sure...if the offense was for DUI, then he should be spending a considerable amount of time in jail. As for this charge, the law is the law and I would say it's about time he learned to respect it...even if he doesn't agree with it.

I do agree with you fully, and I think he did learn his lesson, Parents took his car, and SOLD it... girlfriend threatened to leave him if he doesnt straighten up.... I would just hate to see someone like him go to jail, its like everytime he gets things going right something happens.. hes in a hole thats hes trying to get out of..
No offense taking.. voice your opinion, thats why I posted this thread.. I think hes gona honestly get out with just fines/probation, I dont see any jail time over this,, and I also see the secretary of state suspendin his license for an additional 6 months to a year.
I know a few people who have 3 DWLS, withing 2 months, and she just got 1400 in fines and a yr probation, i know someone else with 8 of them.. yes 8..... he got 2 yrs probation, and like 2500 in fines.. i guess sometimes you have to do what you have to.. ecspecially seeing that you have 2 kids to provide for and no other transportation to and from work....
But do you think him knowing a detective will help if the detective talks to the prosecutor/Judge?

Motts said:
I do agree with you fully, and I think he did learn his lesson, Parents took his car, and SOLD it... girlfriend threatened to leave him if he doesnt straighten up.... I would just hate to see someone like him go to jail, its like everytime he gets things going right something happens.. hes in a hole thats hes trying to get out of..
No offense taking.. voice your opinion, thats why I posted this thread.. I think hes gona honestly get out with just fines/probation, I dont see any jail time over this,, and I also see the secretary of state suspendin his license for an additional 6 months to a year.
I know a few people who have 3 DWLS, withing 2 months, and she just got 1400 in fines and a yr probation, i know someone else with 8 of them.. yes 8..... he got 2 yrs probation, and like 2500 in fines.. i guess sometimes you have to do what you have to.. ecspecially seeing that you have 2 kids to provide for and no other transportation to and from work....
But do you think him knowing a detective will help if the detective talks to the prosecutor/Judge?

Im wondering what he got pulled over for in the first place. Personally I havent been pulled over in at least 10 years. I see both sides of this guys situation. I would hate to hear he did jail time but at the same time he needs to learn. I guess selling his car taught him some.

Dartastic said:
Im wondering what he got pulled over for in the first place. Personally I havent been pulled over in at least 10 years. I see both sides of this guys situation. I would hate to hear he did jail time but at the same time he needs to learn. I guess selling his car taught him some.

yea he had a lincoln a mark vIII, nice looking ride.. the state cop said he "looked" like he was speeding she warned him for the speeding.. 50/45 she didnt laser him, he said there was no gun in the car/(radar gun).. she didnt arrest him... I havent had a ticket in about 8 months.. mine was 127/70 on the express way.. wont do that again.. and that wasnt in the ls.. it was in the civic.. cop pulled me over said man you gota nice ride.. and wrote me for a 90/70... I was in a hurry to get home.. ;) :Beer

I've seen judges allow suspended drivers to drive to and from work only. He should have his lawyer look into that. But God help him if he gets caught anywhere other than to and from work. Then again, after this many times, they may just say to heck with him and make him ride it out.

Members online

Back