dvd

sancho20

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone on here tried any clarion in dash dvd players.I know almost everyone uses the pioneer but you can pick up a clarion for about a third of the price.. just wondering if anyone on here has one.. Thanks

i got kenwood and it's the sh*t, then again I mostly use my Ipod because I can play Ipod videos while I drive since you can't watch DVDs while you drive (enforced programming they did due to traffic safety laws)

i've installed a couple, they have a great screen(picture quality) but the interface just looks so... 1992ish, and do they even make a double din? not really a big fan of flip outs, they look too out of place and sure as hell dont look like they belong there.

and petey, there is no difference (in the law) as to where the video source comes from, DVD or Ipod, its still illegal (and umm, dangerous) to have videos playing in view of the driver.

and have you seen the price on the f700's and f900's online they are practly giving them away, with nav and bluetooth included all for around $500, sh!t you can't even get a jensen for 1/3 of that

You may be able to pick up the unit itself for $500, but keep in mind the harnesses and adapters for things like steering wheel controls etc. I myself might just go with some sort of laptop setup. Has all my music, videos etc and you can pick up GPS for laptops with programs for around $50.

but crackerjack, you have to take it out each time, hook it back up
get a connect for your laptop to car, etc

yea they have a clarion double din on ebay right now for $199 buy it now ,i was just wondering if anyone had used them.Ive had clarion cd players and have always been happy with them but that was maybe 5 years ago ...

if the illumination cant be green dont get it cause it will not look good when it doesnt match the dash illumination. pionner av4100 is inexspensive, awesome and has fully customizable illumination. i cant stand to see an in dash that is blue and the dash is green. yuck waste of money

+1
I have the avh-p4000. It doesn't have navigation but it gets the job done. I just hookup my usb hard drive up to it and im good for many days of music. I have about 50gbs worth on it.

I was able to get mine from circuit city for $200 when they were closing. 4100 is the new model i believe and it has a 7" screen

if the illumination cant be green dont get it cause it will not look good when it doesnt match the dash illumination. pionner av4100 is inexspensive, awesome and has fully customizable illumination. i cant stand to see an in dash that is blue and the dash is green. yuck waste of money

I make mine red to match some of the interior :p

I have an Alpine indash flip-out and it has both green and blue on the front of it. I don't mind the blue on the front of the deck, since it is only three buttons. It all comes down to choice, and what you want for functions. I know that it doesn't look stock, but then again I don't want my stereo to look stock, and I definately don't want it to sound stock either!

GetAttachment.jpg

i like the alpine but i wanted to get a double din , i guess ill just go with the clarion and find out for myself ..

Alpine does make a double din unit, but depending on where you get it from it could be more or less than that clarion you are looking at.

For that price, I say go for it. I have had Clarion decks in the past, but never one with a monitor in it, and they perform well. The Alpine deck that I have was the factory head unit in a Lamborghini Diablo, and I figure if it was good enough for that car, it's good enough for mine. Plus over the years I have put together a $9,000 Alpine system for a fraction of the cost thanks to eBay and other stereo sites.

I would like to go alpine too, if I could find the right one to get

the factory unit is alpine so would like to keep the same, but that pioneer is crazy nice

Members online

No members online now.
Back