Dual exhaust for 89 TC

dcadiman

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get a fair price for a dual exhaust install on my 89 Town Car. I got a quote from a mustang shop and they want $1,000.00. That includes the headers, x-pipe, and mufflers. That seems extremely high to me. Do you guys know anywhere in south florida that can beat that price? Would it be worth it to go to Meineke?

I realy don't want to invest a grand in just exhaust. Any info would be appreciated.

Hmmmm... That seems a little bit high for me too, I would figure $750 at the most with the headers and everything. What kind of mufflers and headers are you putting on it? Did you buy them or are they including that in the price?

The price includes the headers, X-pipe, "supposedly" custom bends in the tubing and mufflers. None are name brand. I think $1,000.00 is extremely high for that considering that Meineke will do a catback for $350.00.

It is a bit much, but you also have to take into consideration:

1. headers may need modification
2. a dual exhaust cat-back only consists of 2 pipes, 2 mufflers, and 2 tailpipes(doesnt count front pipes with the Xpipe and pipes up to the headers)
3. if you are putting any converters on the front pipes that will run the price up substantially(If I remember right FLA has no state inspection, so you can get away with no cats) :gr_devil:
4. there may need to be holes drilled for o2 sensors
5. the emission tubes to the cats (again, if any) need to be fitted to the front pipes

$1000.00 thats a little steep.....I recently purchased a set of sidepipes for my 89 crown vic. Which I ordered the pipes friday night and the motor went of a sunday....sucks..... I have a set of the shorty mustang factory headers for it and the muffler shop was gonna charge $50 per side to make thepipes connect. also a set of cheapie high flow cats
sidepipes $210
exhaust shop $100
high flow cats $100
Total $410

I think they are charging a high price to cover their asses because putting headers on that thing will not be a piece of cake. A lot of things will have to be custom, they will have to drill holes for 02 sensors. Its a lot of work, thats why they're charging you so much. Ask them for a price on a cat back and they might be similar to meineke. You probably don't need an x pipe anyways.

I actually got a quote for a catback today and it was $440.00, but that includes an H-pipe as well. The only difference between the quotes is headers and this guy says that if I provide them he will install for $100.00 per side. That is still $640.00 plus the cost of headers, which should run less that $100.00 from Ebay. $750.00 installed and out the door. Much better.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back