Dual Exhaust Conversion

beeftallywacker

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Sig Series. As you may know, this particular model came with the single exhaust. I want to convert it to the dual exhaust, similar to the Cartier model (which I believe produced 239 hp).

Could I just convert the exhaust (true dual exhaust) or would I have to do a engine swap? I only have 40K miles on this one so doing a engine swap is pointless.

Swap over the true duals from a Town Car, Grandmarq, or Police Interceptor. Or ifyou have the cash, go for a 2.5 cat system from a local exhaust shop.

No engine swap needed...

I bought a dual conversion on ebay for 250 and will have it installed next week. That is the cheapest way to go that I have found for a true dual setup.

Note, a Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis exhaust will be ~3" too short for a Town Car.

All you need is a cat back dual system. You will also need the driver's side muffler and tailpipe hangers, which can be ordered from the dealer. The manifolds and such are the same single vs dual exhaust.
The OEM system is T409 stainless and lasts a long time despite minor surface rust. Aftermarket systems are aluminized steel and only last a few years if driven through winter conditions.

Members online

Back