dual Air Conditioning / Heat problem

zero18

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
02 lincoln ls V6

having cold air out the driver side vents and warm air in passenger vents.

i disconnected the heater core lines from the DCCV (the 2 top lines) and capped them.
i am still getting warm air from the passenger vents. not as hot as before.
i believe it may be coming from the outside even though i have it on recycle. since its 85 to 90 deg out and the heater core is disconnected.

any help would be great...

I would suspect a refrigerant leak and that you are now low on R-134a.

Sounds like DCCV

DCCV symptoms are heat on one side and cold on the other. Do a self check on the heat control system via the buttons, can't remember the sequence. Disconnect the DCCV connector at the fan cover, test with VOM, lower right pin and upper and lower left pin to the DCCV, you should read 10-23 ohms. if not you may have a shorted Solenoid in the DCCV. But more likely the DCCV is gummed up. Send me you email addr and i'll send you the DCCV report.

DCCV symptoms are heat on one side and cold on the other. Do a self check on the heat control system via the buttons, can't remember the sequence. Disconnect the DCCV connector at the fan cover, test with VOM, lower right pin and upper and lower left pin to the DCCV, you should read 10-23 ohms. if not you may have a shorted Solenoid in the DCCV. But more likely the DCCV is gummed up. Send me you email addr and i'll send you the DCCV report.

I don't see how this could be the fault of the DCCV when the OP disconnected and capped off the hoses.

When the R-134 level is low, but not too low, the system is able to cool the side of the evaporator that the liquid R-134 flows into, but not the side that the gas flows out of.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, I read his description, but I just had to take that with a grain of salt.

thanks.. im going to try a coolant check. it was low last year but they fixed it. maybe its low again

check on the dccv .. no errors

alas....a thread about sunthin that has been covered plenty of times before...only this time by a competent poster who has an actual understanding of the problem but requires some assistance...now that is somethin seldom seen....i congratulate you, but since i dont know about the topic i cant help....littering and....

update...

i charged the ac.. it was low. freezing air out of all vents.

reconnected the dccv.. works fine.

update...

i charged the ac.. it was low. freezing air out of all vents.

reconnected the dccv.. works fine.

You have a refrigerant leak somewhere. If you plan to keep the car, you really should find and correct it before you lose a compressor due to oil loss.

Members online

No members online now.
Back