drivers door sensor?

codycobra98

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Im not sure exactly what this is called, but here is the description of the problem...im sure its common.

When I turn off the car and open my drivers door the heads up display and radio stay on. If I open the passenger door they will turn off properly.

Is there any way to repair or replace that little door connection sensor?

Thanks

spray some lubricant, WD40 or something similar in the door latch and open close it a couple times.

*I would start reading through the tech articles and spend some time using the search feature before you start posting more questions than you already have.

It's very rare a problem hasn't been diagnosed on a thread in here, just need to look for it.

well, turns out that spraying the locking mechanism in the handle will not fix my problem.

I searched and did not find a fix to replace the little "pin" on the very end of the dash that gets pressed in by the door when it closes.

Anyone had to deal with this before?

well, turns out that spraying the locking mechanism in the handle will not fix my problem.

I searched and did not find a fix to replace the little "pin" on the very end of the dash that gets pressed in by the door when it closes.

Anyone had to deal with this before?

the locking mechanism in the handle? I mentioned the latching mechanism above. The latch that comes in contact with the striker post when shutting the door. Try lubing that latch that houses the switch.

If you have not done so, try spraying wd40, or lithium grease in the push pin switch. If that does not work, then take out the switch and see if the inside of switch by taking it apart. Should be nothing more than a slide pin encased with a spring making contact in it. Sometimes it gets all gunked up and does not make contact anymore.

thanks. looks like mine will need to be replaced as the black "tip" is missing. The passenger side looks fine and works properly. Here is a pic of what im working with...

IMG_1141.jpg

Dealer sells those, and be warned when swapping it, DON'T drop the harness plug back through the hole or your into a fun fishing trip or taking the kick panel off and still more fishing ;) I had to do one on a '95 I had before...

Members online

Back