Driver's door panel rattle?

tristangoesham

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been MIA on here for a while which means I've had no problems (thank god). I now have a rattle coming from the driver's door. It was there when I bought the car but since I had subwoofers installed it's gotten much worse. I notice it mainly when going over bumpy roads.

I just put some socks in there (don't judge me) to help kill the rattle but I can't find the source of the problem. It seems to be coming from behind the wood panel. None of my other doors do this. Anyone else have this problem or a solution for it?

A known driver door rattle/squeak is the door latch, there is a TSB06-16-7, lube with white lithium grease, I do all of mine about once a year.

I've been MIA on here for a while which means I've had no problems (thank god). I now have a rattle coming from the driver's door. It was there when I bought the car but since I had subwoofers installed it's gotten much worse. I notice it mainly when going over bumpy roads.

I just put some socks in there (don't judge me) to help kill the rattle but I can't find the source of the problem. It seems to be coming from behind the wood panel. None of my other doors do this. Anyone else have this problem or a solution for it?

Mine has been doing the same thing & it is ANNOYING as hell! If I push against the wood grain while it's doing it I can get it to stop, but when I let go it starts to rattle again. It's been driving me CRAZY!!!

Mine has been doing the same thing & it is ANNOYING as hell! If I push against the wood grain while it's doing it I can get it to stop, but when I let go it starts to rattle again. It's been driving me CRAZY!!!

Yup I do the same thing. Push in on the wood and it stops. I pulled the panel back earlier expected to see something causing the rattle but there was nothing there to my surprise.

Same problem and same location, I have both my front doors deadened with Second Skin but this rattle eludes me. : /

Can you not take it apart, open it up and add some thin 3M weatherstripping ?

might help.

Just rearranged the socks and put 2 more in there and the rattle is almost completely gone. I highly recommend doing this. You just have do some trial and error until you find the right spot.

Members online

Back