Driver seat doesn't move forward.

Califaz805

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 ls everything works on driver seat but its stuck far back and is a bit of a stretch just to drive. Need help, i have taken seat out to see if there was a way i could move it manually but didn't really know what to look for. The person i bought the car from said they had it checked and i also had it checked both mechanics said it was the memory module under the seat with a 500$ quote for a new one...bought a used dsm for 50$ on ebay and same problem..i just hear one sinlge click coming from underneath and that's it..also some yellow stuff on the connections by the motor that i guess moves seat forward and back but i can't tell what it's from..any help plz

Last edited:
I'm stuck between selling for a upgrade or keep putting $ into my ls..still a mechanically good car but a pain in my ass

I'm stuck between selling for a upgrade or keep putting $ into my ls..still a mechanically good car but a pain in my ass

A bit late, but I had an issue with my front seats, where they did not move at all horizontally or vertically. Only the recline and lumbar worked. Fuses checked good, solenoids fired correctly, etc. Given the very expensive market for motors and seats, I figured it was worth the hail mary of cleaning and rebuilding the motors, and now they all work a treat. It’s a bit of a pain, but only takes basic tools and organization. A good project to do during this work from home time. I’ll write up a tutorial soon, as I imagine there might be some interest.

A bit late, but I had an issue with my front seats, where they did not move at all horizontally or vertically. Only the recline and lumbar worked. Fuses checked good, solenoids fired correctly, etc. Given the very expensive market for motors and seats, I figured it was worth the hail mary of cleaning and rebuilding the motors, and now they all work a treat. It’s a bit of a pain, but only takes basic tools and organization. A good project to do during this work from home time. I’ll write up a tutorial soon, as I imagine there might be some interest.
Man I'd really appreciate if you did..car recently got a p0456 code other than that just the seat thing and it's really killing me

Members online

No members online now.
Back