Driver Door Stuck Open

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Go to close the door as usual and it doesnt shut. Slam it same thing. I go to manually move the latch with my finger it locks in both positions no issue like there is no issue with the lock mechanism.

Slam it a few more times it locks and the key pad outside lights up for the first time ever in 6yrs.

Go back 6hrs later door wont shut again and the latch now is spinning freely no lock position. Hit unlock/lock button and it latches again in both positions.

No idea how this is possible. It seems like the lock mechanism is doing its job? Is there a bcm or something in the door?

Doors were iced shut the past week im sure that did not help..

There is the DDM in the driver's door. However, it has no involvement in being able to close the door. Even if the door is locked while open, it will still close. If the latch is somehow tripped to the closed position (locked or unlocked) the door wouldn't close. There is motor or solenoid to move the latch to the closed or open position.
Maybe the latch is broken in some odd way?

Go to close the door as usual and it doesnt shut. Slam it same thing. I go to manually move the latch with my finger it locks in both positions no issue like there is no issue with the lock mechanism.

Slam it a few more times it locks and the key pad outside lights up for the first time ever in 6yrs.

Go back 6hrs later door wont shut again and the latch now is spinning freely no lock position. Hit unlock/lock button and it latches again in both positions.

No idea how this is possible. It seems like the lock mechanism is doing its job? Is there a bcm or something in the door?

Doors were iced shut the past week im sure that did not help..
My door does same thing when iced or under 25 degrees out I have to spray on blaster in the latch and it will stay closed one time I had to heat it with a hair dryer

Members online

No members online now.
Back