Driver door keypad issues

rgorke

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My 04 V8 driver’s door keypad seems to have died. The 9/0 led went out a while back and now I am not able to open the door, lock the door, or have any of the number pads light up.

Before I buy a new one or pull one from a salvage lot and tear the existing pad out, is there a way to test to see if there might be another issue?

There's no separate LED control, so it'll be the keypad itself. I once had a similar failure on a Grand Marquis. The membrane behind the keys had torn and that let water get in and it corroded it till it stopped working.

1669657970608.png

Thanks Joe!

I did see your post about your Grand Marquis.

Can you confirm if the Gen 1 keypads are the same as Gen 2? I think they are but just looking for confirmation.

Sorry, I can't confirm or deny, I don't know.

Mine has never worked since acquiring the car. No lights, no function. This is along with the seat memory. No lights, no function. It seems to be just the modules themselves, individually...is that what you guys are getting at? Have you made progress here rgorke? I'm far more interested in the seat memory, but I'd like to get everything functioning as it should be anyway. Thanks for having me in the convo

Mine has never worked since acquiring the car. No lights, no function. This is along with the seat memory. No lights, no function. It seems to be just the modules themselves, individually...is that what you guys are getting at? Have you made progress here rgorke? I'm far more interested in the seat memory, but I'd like to get everything functioning as it should be anyway. Thanks for having me in the convo
My seat alignment, etc. seems to work fine. But now that you mention it, I have made adjustments and then they don't seem to stick.

I haven't tried to fix or replace my key pad yet.

I'm wondering if all these are tied into the DDM (Driver's Door Module) or are just malfunctioning on their own. The seat memory keypad is on ebay for $6.50. That would be awesome if that was all I need, but it would also be the first thing i'd ever bought from Ebay that actually worked. & no sense trying it & getting frustrated if it's actually the DDM.

I'm tired of being surprised by not being able to get into the car after my wife has driven it!

I finally ruled out the Door Lock Actuator as being tied into these keypads. So that makes me think individual modules & not DDM

...The seat memory keypad is on ebay for $6.50. That would be awesome if that was all I need, ...
That keypad is just a keypad. The module that actually memorizes the seat positions and moves it to them is underneath the driver's seat. It would be rare for it to fail and you still be able to move the seat at all. The more common issue with the memory seat not working is the seat position sensors. The driver's door module reads the memory switches and sends that to the driver's seat module, so a problem with the driver's door module could also keep the memory seat from working correctly.

The DDM also controls memory mirrors. It reads the mirror switch, and drives the diver's door mirror. The FEM drives the passenger mirror. The FEM also has the memory and drives the steering wheel position.

The DDM drives the driver's door lock, and the REM drives the locks for the other three doors.

All seat movements work perfectly. Easy ingress/egress works perfectly (seat and wheel in unison), although I have it turned off. Tilt/telescope wheel works perfectly.

Both power mirrors work perfectly, but no memory as you cannot set or use the seat memory.

Driver's door lock works now that I replaced the motor. Signal from the key in the driver's door to unlock the other doors worked until I ripped the ribbon cable while replacing said motor, so it still technically works. Signal to the other doors works with interior driver's door button or the fob.

Members online

No members online now.
Back