Driveline insurance?????

Speed Demon

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I thought about posting this before but never bothered so here it is. Has anyone tried that US fidelis or pay no more bills, or any other auto insurance for your repairs? They have a wide range of pricing (up to 2-3 k over 3-5 years) but cover just about everything including some electronics for an additional 100k. Some have no $ down and low monthly payments. If you get a new alt and a trans it seems worth it right there, plus free towing and roadside. I have over 140k now and thats ok with these places. I know somethings gotta break sooner or later. What do you think?

A lot depends on just how long you will be keeping your vehicle.
If you see it with you for another ten years, A warranty from one of these companies would be the way too go.
As for the adverage owner, they replace cars every three of four years, so an extended warranty is useless.
Most, if not all, cover the really big things like engine replacement, trans replacement, and that is it.
Most people don't keep a vehicle long enough to need these repairs.
Warranty companies don't ever cover the things that wear out frequently like brake pads, rotors, calipers, catalyic converters, exhauyst systems, power steering pumps, alternators, front end bushings, gas tanks, and the list goes on and on.
When was the lasttime you had to replace a cam or crankshaft?
My guess would be, never.
When was the last time you had to change a piston in your vehicle?
Same answer.
The warranty companies know this, and that is why they suck you into purchasing an extended warranty.
They make big bucks on those warranties they never have to honor.
Again, unless you intend to keep the vehicle until the second coming of Christ, I would forget about an extended warranty.
Bob.

I tried USFidelis but fyi the "pay no bills" isn't for everyone..it's like an APR quote...if you qualify..you can get it...what they offered me was for 225 a month I get those "no payments" just a small copay each visit :p like 40 or 50 bucks I think :p

$225.00 a month. To hell with that! That's $2,250.00 in just ten months. A respectable trans rebuild would only be around $1200 to $1500! If your worried about it, just save $50 per month, and in 10 months you have $500 towards a rebuild or used trans.

Members online

No members online now.
Back