Drive by caught on tape....

That was so fake. Look at the discharge of the weapon used, there was no flash from the muzzle on every other shot?

I know when I shoot any of my guns ever there is ALWAYS a muzzle flash any caliber or round. No muzzle flashes can occur from a supressor (which wasn't visible on that weapon) or when using blanks.

Watch any of your favorite shoot'em up flicks and you will see a muzzle flash not happen on a few rounds. Plus who in the hell would CLEARLY tape themselves. I call fake as hell on this one.

whatever, in the background: "kids these days..."

I noticed also that when the driver says something that the camera is on him before a word comes out of his mouth. The LTD prolly has some twankies and pearl paint.

I did some research because nothing screamed fake besides the fact that it is pretty hard to believe - it turns out that this is supposedly a scene from a movie called "Gang Tapes".

At first it was hard to decipher and really IMO can not be decidedly deciphered :)D) based on the video alone. Case in point - The video format is 320x240, 30fps, 384kbs. At 30fps I don't think you would miss a flash from a gun as it fires. BUT, if the video was captured at 15fps, then exported at 30fps then you would end up with a video where some of the frames are missing - VERY COMMON.

Given the fact that the easiest (or most common) way to capture video is through a USB connection, which usually defaults to 15fps, coupled with the fact that the standard Windows Movie Maker web export format is 320x240, 30fps, 384kbs (Cable/DSL) it is entirely possible that the video was captured at 15fps, then exported for the web at 30fps. In fact, given this knowledge and the fact that this is "the old way" of capturing video, it makes it even easier to believe since gang bangers probably don't have 3.0Ghz P4s with firewire ports, but could probably get a hold of "a homie" with something capable of capturing and editing video at a very basic level. Note that gang bangers like to rap and probably know someone with a computer who can make a beat or record a song using a computer and their pirated program of choice. Note also that Windows Movie Maker is free with XP and we're talking about USB 1.1 here...

Audio-wise nothing would be missing but one thing does stand out as somewhat suspiscious. The audio format is different than Movie Maker's Cable/DSL web format. That wouldn't be suspiscious if it were of a lesser quality, but the audio track was upgraded to 44.1khz stereo from 32khz stereo (a very slight improvement given the nature of the video). This also hints that someone knew what he was doing which challenges the validity of the entire assumption.

Sorry for the essay but this video got me to thinkin. Can you tell??? :)

Kale

JC1994 said:
I watched it several more times it looks like a bullet ricochets off the sidewalk Hmmmm... now I'm wonderin'..:confused:
When the guy is laying on the ground? I saw that too!

Members online

Back