Drink recipes

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK so there is plenty of age people on here. Lets see some of your favorite drink recipes!

Mojito

Mojito:
the mojito is a drink I started with a recipre and played with until getting perfect.

10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 club soda
1/4 Bacardi Silver
2tbsn sugar
hot water
1 oz lime juice

Start by mixing the sugar with 1/4 cup of the hot water and stirring. This makes a simple syrup that is pre-dissolved for the drink.

Lay your ten mint leaves on a cutting board and roll them with a rolling pin until they are dark green and oozing minty goodness.

Throw your mint leaves into a shaker (with strainer) with your rum, lime juice and simple syrup (dont add your club soda to this or you're going to wear it) and shake vigorously.

Poor club soda into glass with ice, and poor out what you just mixed up. Try to avoid getting the leaves in it.

Add ice till glass is full and enjoy!

The key is the rolling pin. It works even better than a muddler (prescribed by the real recipe) This makes a standard size glass... like 12 oz or something like that.

Tequilla Sunrise

Tequila Sunrise:

This one is really easy and written for the same standard glass I always use

1.5 oz Tequila
1.5 oz Tripple Sec
1 oz Grenadine
3 cherries
Orange juice

Put three ice cubes in glass

measure and pour tequila

measure and poor tripple sec

measure and poor grenadine

top of glass with orange juice

add cherries and enjoy!

I like a Mai Tai

Drink Recipe Ingredients:

* 1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Mango Rum
* .25 oz. orgeat syrup
* 0.5 oz. pineapple juice
* 0.5 oz. lime juice
* .25 oz. grenadine
* 1 wedge pineapple

Drink Recipe Preparation:

* Add lime juice, pineapple juice, orgeat syrup, grenadine and Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Mango Rum.
* Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled hurricane glass.
* Garnish with pineapple wedge.

A Margarita

Drink Recipe Ingredients:

* 1 oz. Cuervo Especial Gold
* 3 oz. lime margarita mix
* 4 oz. crushed ice
* 1 tsp. salt

Drink Recipe Preparation:

* Mix all ingredients (except lime and salt) in a blender.
* Rub the rim of a glass with lime and then dip into salt to frost.
* Pour into the glass and garnish with lime wedge.

Recipe for Orgeat Syrup

Using better quality products, such as quality almonds and filtered water, will make a better orgeat syrup.

This recipe for orgeat makes about 1½ litres

500 grams blanched almonds
800 ml water
700 grams table sugar
100 ml Vodka or Brandy
2 Tbls Orange or Rose Flower Water (optional)

Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with cold water and allowed them to soak for 30 minutes. Drain and discard this water, then crush the almonds using a rolling pin, or you could use a food processor to chop them to a fine grind. If you need to, you can add some of the water to the food processor. Transfer the crushed almonds to a large bowl and mix them with the water, let stand for one to two hours. Place a damp cloth or cheese cloth in a mesh filter, over another bowl, and strain the almond and water mixture squeeze the cloth to extract all the liquid.

Put the chopped almonds back into the almond water, let it stand for another hour and then strain again. Repeat a third time if you wish. This is will get all the oils out of the almonds.

Note: To speed up the process you can gently heat the almond water to 50°C (125°F). If you do this, you can cut the soak times to about 15 minutes.

Pour the strained liquid into a pan, discard the almond pulp, add the sugar and cook over gentle heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat when the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then add the brandy or vodka and the orange flower water. Store the orgeat in a clean glass bottle.

Once the orgeat has cooled down it is ready to use. Shake yourself a Mai Tai or try a Momisette. The Mai Tai called for "French Orgeat" and this orgeat recipe will work fine, if not better, than commercial orgeat products.

Whoa, that's too much work to make a drink. Bacardi and Coke, no lime, for me.:D

Irish Trashcan:

1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz light rum
1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz peach schnapps
1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1/2 oz triple sec
1 can Red Bull energy drink

Absinthe (The Traditional):

1.25-1.5oz of Absinthe
Sugar Cube
Cold water dripped over sugar cube until glass is cloudy then crush sugar cube and drink!

Cognac/Sprite

Vodka/Apple Juice

Caipirinha

1 Lime
1 tsp. fine sugar
2 oz. Cachaca (Brazilian Rum)

Add the juice from the lime to the sugar in the bottom of the glass, fill the glass with crushed ice, add the Cachaca and stir.

Great on a hot day... but be careful... after a few of these and you may be face down in the dirt.

Brazilian Martini

1 Lime
1.5 oz. Pomegranate Juice
2 tsb. fine sugar
2 oz. Cachaca

Add the juice from the lime, sugar, Pomegranate juice, Cachaca and crushed ice into a shaker. Shake well and pour into a chilled Martini glass, garnish with a lime peel.

Once you taste a Braizilian... You'll never go back.

BEER:
One 12 oz can

Scooby snack:
•1/2 oz Malibu® Coconut Rum
•1/2 oz Creme de Bananes
•1/2 oz Midori® Melon Liqueur
•1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
•1 1/2 oz Whipped Cream

Mojito:
the mojito is a drink I started with a recipre and played with until getting perfect.

10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 club soda
1/4 Bacardi Silver
2tbsn sugar
hot water
1 oz lime juice

Start by mixing the sugar with 1/4 cup of the hot water and stirring. This makes a simple syrup that is pre-dissolved for the drink.

Lay your ten mint leaves on a cutting board and roll them with a rolling pin until they are dark green and oozing minty goodness.

Throw your mint leaves into a shaker (with strainer) with your rum, lime juice and simple syrup (dont add your club soda to this or you're going to wear it) and shake vigorously.

Poor club soda into glass with ice, and poor out what you just mixed up. Try to avoid getting the leaves in it.

Add ice till glass is full and enjoy!

The key is the rolling pin. It works even better than a muddler (prescribed by the real recipe) This makes a standard size glass... like 12 oz or something like that.

Rolling pin is an interesting idea, never thought to try that. I use a muddler in the following manner:

Throw the leaves and two slices of lime in the bottom of the glass. Add two spoonfuls of sugar and 1/2oz lime juice. Muddle. Throw into the drink glass over ice, pour over 2oz Parrot Bay Lime, 1/2oz more of lime juice, and 1/2oz of 7up, stir. Garnish with lime and enjoy.

I notice you serve yours without the contents - I myself prefer to serve it with the contents mixed in. Only thing I don't like is trying to keep from drinking the leaves, lol.

I will also contribute to the Cause... a Washington Apple.

1 part Crown Royale
1 part Sour Apple Pucker
1 part Cranberry

Relatively weak shot, but goes down easy and very dangerous. Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.
Back