Dr. Color Chip

kcam67

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever use this stuff? I see commercials for it but never gave it a thought until I started to noticed tons of chips on my front bumper and hood. Just curious if it's a waste of money or a gimmick. Let me know. Thanks.

Eh, its ok for small chips but not good for scratches or bigger chips. I could just be bad at doing it but it just isn't as great as they make it sound.

The proper way to fix a chipped bumper is to get it refinished.

That stuff will come off when you wash the car. Real paint under clearcoat wont.

Yeah I kinda figured that's all it would do. Just touch up paint. Don't know if I wanna drop $39 bucks for 1/2 oz paint though. Thanks for feedback.

When I bought my car the front bumper was so bad I got the whole thing repainted. Still looks pretty damn good.

This material reminds me of the same material they use to make zagg screen protectors for phones.. the screen protectors have kind of a orange peel texture though.. is this stuff perfectly smooth? The zagg screen protector material is also use to prevent military helicopter blades from chipping.. would be awesome of this 3m stuff was made from the same material..

I'd want to make sure it doesnt yellow or change colors after time. I know there was a similar material to this that did when exposed to the elements.

I know those cell phone protectors do as I just removed mine and placed it a sheet of white paper to go get my warranty work done. Completely different of course.

mlara what is that called? I am actually getting my bumpers redone as we speak and i'd like to get ahold of some of that

I bought a 0.5 ounce bottle of touch up paint from Advance. With tax is was around $8. It includes a brush/pen. Not sure how many spots you have, but this paint matched up well for me.

111.jpg

I've used that brush/pen applicator for minor chips. It held up well & I got it at pepboys. I also used the one for ford paint.

Members online

Back