Double Din Headunit Install?

LSInBmore

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I installed a double din headunit today..Just curious if most of you that have done this tapped the factory metal bracket to line up with the headunit or, used the plastic brackets that were included in Metra kit?

Reason i'm asking is the plastic brackets seem flimsy and cheap..The last question is how did you secure the rear side of the headunit to the vehicle? I just wanna make sure it's in the dash as securely as possible..

This was a fairly easy install just wanna make sure it's done right I'm going to be installing the steering wheel control kit tomorrow cause it got dark on me and since i have it apart again thats the time to fix things...

Thanks in advance

LSinBmore

Personally I used the metal bracket, and screwed it in to my radio. Fits perfectly and its in there pretty good.

in my first ls, i used the just the metra kit (single din however) and just used the plastic brackets, since it replaced the factory bracket completely, it worked out real nice, and was secure, with this LS i used the scosche kit and it didnt have any plastic brackets and i had to drill holes in the factory bracket to hole the radio in and its even more secure, especially since with the new double din, there is so much sh!t behind the radio that it is a real tight fit and i had to use the metal bracket to pull the radio all the way into it home and there is no way the plastic one would have been strong enough to do that and remain perfectly straight.

Thanks fellas for the replies.. I got it all installed just running with the plastic brackets that came with the kit cause i didn't have a drill for opening the holes up in the metal bracket but will get that taken care of in the next couple weeks when i get my amps/subs/speakers..

I also installed the SWI-X steering wheel controller,was easy and works as should

Thanks Again LVC

Members online

Back