dots and lines on windshield. are they sensors or what ?

ShortCircutLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was washing my car Saturday and I noticed these lines and dots on the bottom of my windshield. I took a look at my 2000 that's STILL sitting in my driveway. It doesn't have them. So I've searched and got nothing. Anyone know what they are or what they do ? On the driver side it looks kinda like the rear view mirror looks when the auto dim feature breaks and makes the mirror look like its full of oil or something. Just curious.

IMG00239-20110508-1525.jpg

IMG00237-20110508-1524.jpg

IMG00238-20110508-1524.jpg

It's just the design of the windscreen. It probably provides some kind of shading/heat protection.

Dunno what to tell you about those spots. The lines look like the heated windshield wiper filaments. Nice nails lol.

+1 on the heated windshield wiper filaments. I had to replace my windsheild last year and the new one has that strip inder the VIN like in picture #2. I don't know about the dots either...

i belive those are used at the factory to align the window on installation so the computer does not install it upside down as a human might. smart answer. no wise a--- answer. but they are used for that.

Funny how everyone notices fingernails before everything else.

I noticed the subject of the thread first. Then saw the houndstooth.

I first noticed the hair, and thought, "Get that 'phone out of the way!"

The dots provide a shade effect. The lines at the bottom are a heated area so your wipers don't freeze in the parked position.

KS

Too bad the wipers still freeze when its cold enough.

Good call on the hounds tooth Peck. Most have just called them checkered and these are waaayy cooler than checkerboard ! And to think, this whole time I thought the windshield kept me from going faster lol. Ill remember Not to remove it if I'm ever going to try and add HP ! It does make sense for a robot to install it cause humans are just human and we make too many mistakes. I can't wait till I can run my loader remotely. But then again , that would just add to the list of crap I got to wrench on. :Bang. Don't need that !

Lol she had me googling "houndstooth" because I've never heard of that before. And she's right it is wayyy cooler than checkerboard. And to be honest pretty badass to have painted on her nails

Hehe. Yeah. I'm badass !! Lol ! Thanks for the compliment. Their actually not painted. Their decals ! And I suggest all of you "taken" men go out and buy some for your girl ! It might get you some !

Members online

No members online now.
Back