Door Rattle?

tarawa

LVC Member
Reaction score
If I am on a bumpy surface I hear a rattle that seems to be coming from the drivers side rear door. Could it be in the seat belt mechanism in the door post? Everything seems solid enough.

Lube the driver side front door latch with White Lithium spray, known problem. I do mine about once a year, there was an TSB on this.

I was wondering this just yesterday as i was driving.

Are you talking about greasing where the door catches the striker? I feel the door rattles I have seem to be more internal, could be a failing clip on the window tracks (was on my 01) or something all together different

TSB 05-16-7 "moving parts of the door latch, while moving/operating the latch." not the "U" shaped striker on the B pillar, took care of my rattle/squeak.

My B pillar also makes noise going over bumps haven't had the chance to take it apart yet. If you hear noise internal to the door with the window down it could be the regulator clips cracked. Also check all the clips that hold the wiring to the door. If these get loose the plastic clips bang against the sheet metal and make noise. The auto lock/unlock module that sits inside the door and is mounted on the latch was loose on mine . That was fixed with duct tape. I found using Peel and seal on both the interior door panel and the inside of the exterior door panel plus the regulator mounting panel to really make quite an improvement. Good Luck

That's what I thought. Come spring I will be hunting those rattles down.

Members online

No members online now.
Back