Door Panel Trim

Jrt1418

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm considering removing the silver trim piece on the door panels and painting them to match my exterior. Do I have to remove the entire door panel to remove the silver piece? I have searched and can only find info on removing the wood. Has anyone done this?

door panel.jpg

From the little bit I've read, which isn't much, and I'm a few in for Thirsty Thursday, if they're anything like the wood trim you'll be taking the door panel off.

I don't know how good it will look color matched to your car imo. I think it should match the wood grain, or color match the woodgraing as well as the silver piece. Never realized it but there is a lot going on right there in terms of colors and contrasts.

My car is actually black. That is just a picture I pulled off the web. It is like 3 degrees outside so I didn't want to take a picture of mine. The silver just looks cheap in my opinion. If I don't like the black, I will strip it and paint it silver with a clearcaot.

Ok, thanks. I will get into it this weekend most likely and will post some pics of the finished product.

Wrap with gloss black vinyl, IMO. Much easier. All the front pieces are held in with clips and are easy to remove, FYI. For the headlight switch, you have to remove the panel underneath it (held in with 3 pin retainers), to get it out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back