Door lock problem

crazyman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The door locks on my 90 Conti don't want to lock.They unlock just fine but you have to hit the button maybe 2 dozen times before it locks.This happens with all the switches, so my only thought is that the relay may be bad.My question is, where would I find the relay for the locks ,or, does anyone have any other ideas? It sucks to have to reach around and lock all the doors by hand.

You might try Napa.
I have had pretty good luck with finding some parts for my 59 there.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I need to know is where the relay would be located on the car. I've had good luck in the past taking apart relays and cleaning the contacts to make them work but it doesn't work if you can't find them.

press unlock and listen for the clicking. The relays are probably self contained within a keyless entry unit. probalby in the trunk or the passenger kick, but could be anywhere.

Do you ahve the buttons on the door, do they work the same way???

Its the same as most cars.I'm not getting any clicking, but even when I unlock them, which still works, I don't hear anything. I'm going to sign-up on Alldata today and look it up. I didn't want to do that because it will cost something like $14.00 to add another car, but like you said, they could be anywhere. I was hoping someone knew where they were, but, oh well.

did you jump out the main switch on the drivers door to make sure its not the switch.

Members online

Back