Door latch assembly

soccer2live

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well here it goes....

I took apart my rear/passenger side door in an attempt to fix my "lock actuator"

The door does open and close by hand, but "electronically" will not open.

It turns out there is a broken gear inside of the box, i tried just about all the glues there are(reasenble the box/ put it in the car) but as soon as i would activate it to open with the remote, after about 3-5 successful open and close motions it would crack again.

I have now given up on trying or attempting fixing it.

I am now looking for the part but i cannot find it anywhere "new"
If anyone knows where i could find one other than the dealer i would really appreciate your help!

thanks

I dont think that they are an aftermarket part. Call Max up. They are about $100 and change. Only other place I can think of is Parts.com

I just got one from Max at five star ford for my 02 LS. I had to wait because they were out of stock. I think the Gen 2 is a defferent part (I have Gen I), but I have a good used left rear. I tried to buy a right rear from ebay (new) but I got a left rear in the right rear box. I installed it anyway since it was cheap.

they are completely diff.. gen 2s have the latch and the lock actuator all in one assembly.. i called the ford stealership and they can get one for about 110 in about a week.. sooo till then

Members online

No members online now.
Back