Door Ajar

BlntdEyez

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Why does my screen keep telling me that my door is ajar when there not is it the computer??

sorry, couldn't resist, try some WD-40 into the locking mechanism, not the key lock but the mechanical part that holds the door shut

Frogman said:
I'm actually cracking up here! :lol:

yeah, this is too much fun!

Unfortunately I'm at work and when I laugh out loud they notice that I'm not doing work! :shifty:

Frogman said:
Pffft. Work is overrated anyways.

yeah, I don't think I want to work anymore........

Bills? I don't like bills, I don't think I'm going to pay those........ :D

Jibit said:
yeah, I don't think I want to work anymore........

ummmmmmmmmmm.........yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

Jibit said:

Well that's just silly. You can't just not pay the bills. You should only quit working if you can afford to pay the bills. sheesh!

Let me know when they come to sell your stuff. I'll be there to buy your car. :lol:

Frogman said:
Search feature works really well on this forum.

I always felt put off by forums where members tell me to search... feels cold and impersonal just doesn't seem to be the LvC way.. I always hoped we were not like those other sites.

BlntdEyez Get you can of WD-40 and spray the door latch... it will solve the problem. Keep a small can in the trunk or glove box incase the message comes back again.

Thanks for the post!! Feel free to ask any question whether or not it's been asked before or not. Most LvC members will be happy to answer your questions. Also now you have a remedy to post to the next new LvC member who has this problem.

mespock said:
I always felt put off by forums where members tell me to search... feels cold and impersonal just doesn't seem to be the LvC way.. I always hoped we were not like those other sites.

BlntdEyez Get you can of WD-40 and spray the door latch... it will solve the problem. Keep a small can in the trunk or glove box incase the message comes back again.

Thanks for the post!! Feel free to ask any question whether or not it's been asked before or not. Most LvC members will be happy to answer your questions. Also now you have a remedy to post to the next new LvC member who has this problem.

clap.gif
well said

I'm sorry to see you feel that way, mespock. Put on your big boy underwear and deal with it! :p

I'm not trying to be an ass, but come on! There are so many threads on that, it isnt even funny. If the poster doesn't have the motivation to do a search before he posts a question, why should I rehash the same thing over and over?

People nowadays think (and some expect) they should be catered to, without having to lift a finger. Yes, we are here to help each other out, and answer questions for people, but IMHO those people need to take some innitiative and do some legwork before posting such questions.

I mean, it's as simple as clicking on 'search", entering some key words, and presto!

I don't mind helping out people in need. Lord knows I wasn't born with Mark VIII knowledge. I too asked. But I did a search before I asked.

Jibit said:
you can buy my red stapler! :p

Only if I can get the red staples with it.

we're just having some fun Rich :p

Have you caught on to everything I've said? I'm not sure if you know what a movie I'm referencing? :cool:

Frogman said:
Oh yeah, i caught the Office reference. But it's been so long since I saw it, I don't remember the movie well enough to come back with a witty movie related reply.

oh you suck!!!:p

I think that movie should be mandatory for any office type job!

back to heckling the new guys..........:cool:

Stop hecling the new guys.................

Jibit said:
oh you suck!!!:p

I think that movie should be mandatory for any office type job!

back to heckling the new guys..........:cool:

before one of them goes off on a tirade about how your MarkVIII is not as good as theirs because it is of a different color. Didn't you guys learn anything from Kramer. SHeesh.

I think people just need to get used to everyone's personalities around here and things will be all good........

Jibit said:
we're just having some fun Rich :p

Have you caught on to everything I've said? I'm not sure if you know what a movie I'm referencing? :cool:

No I see the fun with Frogman.. he's a great member of LvC... and a lot of fun on this site.

But just like you Joey and I disucssed at Kopper's Kitchen the comment of go search is cold... I'm with Joey.. delete the search command.

mespock said:
No I see the fun with Frogman.. he's a great member of LvC... and a lot of fun on this site.

I appreciate the warm and fuzzy thought, but didn't your parents teach you about sharing? Share whatever you're smoking! :p

mespock said:
But just like you Joey and I disucssed at Kopper's Kitchen the comment of go search is cold... I'm with Joey.. delete the search command.

Well.... the problem is, you remove the search function, and one of two or two of two things may happen:

1. People who WANT to search for a topic and can't, may give up on LVC and go to one of the other mark forums because he may need that info "right now" and may not have the luxury of waiting lord knows how long (even if it's as little as an hour) for a reply.

2. Current LvC members may get sick of repeating the same answers over and over and over... and move over to another forum.

I mean, you remove the search function, you might as well remove the how to articles, and the gallery, and... hell, just take the whole forum offline. You see where I'm going with this? After all, we all love to rehash the same answers over and over, right? :/

Frogman said:
I appreciate the warm and fuzzy thought, but didn't your parents teach you about sharing? Share whatever you're smoking! :p

Well.... the problem is, you remove the search function, and one of two or two of two things may happen:

1. People who WANT to search for a topic and can't, may give up on LVC and go to one of the other mark forums because he may need that info "right now" and may not have the luxury of waiting lord knows how long (even if it's as little as an hour) for a reply.

2. Current LvC members may get sick of repeating the same answers over and over and over... and move over to another forum.

I mean, you remove the search function, you might as well remove the how to articles, and the gallery, and... hell, just take the whole forum offline. You see where I'm going with this? After all, we all love to rehash the same answers over and over, right? :/
What a dick!

Members online

No members online now.
Back