door ajar problem

mark8madness

LVC Member
Reaction score
the system keeps saying my door is ajar and they other functions wont show until its gone, sometimes its ok but recently its been getting stuck on more and more, interior lights go off both triggers and door move not sure where to start i figured if door pin/trigger was messed up light would stay on inside car when it says ajar any ideas how to fix or bypass?

hose the door latch down with wd40 or pb blaster or penetrating oil of some kind. slam the door a few times.

the problem is in the latch, not the pin for the lights. separate circuits.

There were a bunch of threads about this when I searched over the winter because mine had this problem, lots of people said not to use wd40 and I agree..it dries out quick and doesn't solve the problem, I used liquid wrench and pb blaster and opened and closed the door a bunch of times and the door ajar light eventually went off..I'd suggest using some kind of actual lubricant after the light turns off to prevent it from drying out again.

Mine gets so bad that the door won't even latch in the winter unless I hose it down with silicone spray, always solves the problem for me.

Mine gets so bad that the door won't even latch in the winter unless I hose it down with silicone spray, always solves the problem for me.

Haha same here, happened to me a couple weeks ago when the temp dropped over night..had to call work and tell them I was going to be late until I could get my door to shut.

Had this problem with both my Marks. WD40 never worked. PB Blaster fixed it the first time. And it was always the p/s door. Never had the problem with d/s. Probably because the d/s gets used quite a bit more often.

Members online

Back