door ajar message

BAD_LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Lincoln ls today i get in my car and i turn it on and in the message screen said passenger door ajar and the door is close . i drive the light dom light turns off but when i stop it turns back on is there some one that can tell me wuts wrong with it thanks

Sounds like you have a door switch that is stuck in the door-open position. You can try some spray silicon or grease on that latch. (Don't use WD-40.)

As for the lights going off while moving, that's kind of neat isn't it. The LS is smart enough to turn them off while the car is in motion, even though it thinks the rear door is open. I've noticed this before. Also, note that it won't let you open the trunk while the car is moving.

yea its neat but not at night and u got to reverse and u got 5% tint u cant see :q:q:q:q and after i put grease on the latch and its still doing the same thing what else can it be

I'd still bet that the switch is stuck inside the latch. Sounds like it's time to take the door apart. After that much trouble, I would go ahead and replace the switch. (Of course, you may have to buy the whole latch.)

My continental did that when I had it. I sprayed the door latches with wd-40 and the message went away.

Members online

No members online now.
Back