Door acuator?

mikes04lincolnls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well drivers door acuator just gave out on me. Call the dealer they said 250$. Just wondering if you guys have any other options for me?? Thanks

I think he means the door latch assembly, which has the electric lock motor in it. Tasca has it for $149.11 + shipping. Ford parts giant for $163.19 + shipping.

If the dealer's price included installation, then that's a fair price.

Well drivers door acuator just gave out on me. Call the dealer they said 250$. Just wondering if you guys have any other options for me?? Thanks

Try Tasca, Team or Chapman Ford. The actuator is a dealer only item and can't be repaired. You can try shooting some WD40 into the unit as a short term solution; ASSUMING you can hear the actuator actually working.

Yea it's attached to the door latch. I've done some research and everywhere I look they want big money for them. Just wondering if anyone had some suggestions on we're I could find a cheap one. I haven't replaced many parts on my car and I'm starting to wonder if this is we're it all starts. I mean lets be honest parts arnt cheap and I'm exactly a millionaire. :D

Yea it's attached to the door latch. I've done some research and everywhere I look they want big money for them. Just wondering if anyone had some suggestions on we're I could find a cheap one. I haven't replaced many parts on my car and I'm starting to wonder if this is we're it all starts. I mean lets be honest parts arnt cheap and I'm exactly a millionaire. :D

Just be glad that it's one of the parts that you can still get.
They didn't make very many of the LS, and it shares very few parts with any other cars. The end result is that now parts are hard to find and there are few aftermarket parts available. This causes the part price to be relatively high.

I had both front door acutators fail within a week of each other. Got it back from the shop for the drivers side and 3 days later the pass side went. I now source any non critical parts at the junk yard.

The junkyard might be your best bet if you're trying to be very frugal with your money, but you take a risk. It's a relatively common problem and you don't know for sure whether or not it's good. If the junkyard can guarantee the part is good (or give you a replacement/refund if it's bad), then go for it.

Both of the rear actuators failed on my car. I took them both apart, regreased everything, and they still didn't work. I believe it's just the motors getting weak. Perhaps they're undersized or just poorly built.

The junkyard might be your best bet if you're trying to be very frugal with your money, but you take a risk. It's a relatively common problem and you don't know for sure whether or not it's good. If the junkyard can guarantee the part is good (or give you a replacement/refund if it's bad), then go for it.

Both of the rear actuators failed on my car. I took them both apart, regreased everything, and they still didn't work. I believe it's just the motors getting weak. Perhaps they're undersized or just poorly built.

Funny, in almost 350K total miles (3 LSes) I've relaced only one. I've actually only replaced that one ever! We have had power locks since 1986.

Bought a cheap new one off ebay, never worked right, cable to long. Ordered new one from dealer, works perfect. This is one part I would NOT get @ jy!
VOTE!

I replaced 3 out of 4 on my 02 LS. I think that the GEN I 00-02 and Gen II 03-06 actuators are different. What you get is the entire latch assy. I got 2 from ebay (new) and 1 from Maxx (retired). One of the ebay units didnt seem to work all the time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back