Door Actuators and Power Mirrors

briasmit91

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My 2004 LS is experiencing issues with the door locks. After researching that this is a common problem with the actuators, I'd like to buy them to fix this issue. Would anybody have part numbers for the actuators? Also, putting the key in the hole seems to be a chore as I have to fight with the key just to get the cylinder to turn.

My next problem is with the power mirrors. When I try to adjust them with the switch, neither work. I've checked the fuses and all are good. But....I was messing with the memory seats and noticed that both mirrors adjusted to the previous owner's setting. Does the motor for the side view mirrors have any relation to the DDM in the door? I'm thinking it may be the actual switch being faulty as they're obviously getting power. Any suggestions? Thanks!

No idea on the door locks, but that the mirrors adjust with the memory function but not the switch points towards the switch being defective. Good luck finding a replacement.

6W4Z-5421812-A - front passenger
6W4Z-5421813-A - front driver
5L8Z-7826412-B - rear passenger
5L8Z-7826413-B - rear driver

I have the exact issue with my mirrors they won't move with the switch but I thought I saw them move when I played with the memory functions. So i found a NOS mirror switch on ebay, but that did not fix my problem. I had looked up the repair procedures some time ago and if it's not a fuse, relay or wiring them it's the DDM. I am still up in the air about getting a used one off ebay. if you find a fix to your mirror issue let me know.

Thanks joegr!

motor, it also seems that I don't have power for the heated functionality for the mirrors and the wiper park. I wonder if that's all tied in. I haven't really looked into the mirrors too much. I have pulled the door panel off some time ago to see if everything was connected, and so far so good. I'm going to see if my local salvage yard has a DDM.

I think I read in the owner's manual that the heated wiper park turns on automatically if the exterior temperature drops below a certain point. But, I need to get a new exterior temp. sensor as mine fluctuates. It told me it was 95 degrees yesterday (I wish!). Maybe that sensor will solve the problem for the wipers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back