Don't Buy Gears from SuperCoupePerformance

I spend a lot of time at different offroading sites, (pirate 4x4, nwuonline) and they have good things to say about the strength of Yukon gears, but then again all my experience with them is in off road applications. :)

I spend a lot of time at different offroading sites, (pirate 4x4, nwuonline) and they have good things to say about the strength of Yukon gears, but then again all my experience with them is in off road applications. :)

Off roading can be just as hard if not harder on driveline parts then drag racing.

Oh yeah, definitely. Especially when you add in the excessive force of large tires (35" and up) into the equation. Throw a detroit locker in there, and you are snapping axle shafts like pretzel sticks. :)

On my current build, I will soon be running 37" tires on a ford 9" rear and a D44 front (richmond gears front, Yukon back) with a detroit in the rear. Lets just say I will be carrying spare axle shafts, but I am not worried about breaking the gears. I am just hoping my old 360 wont have enough power to wreck stuff too bad. :)

Nice, what kinda rig you got?

Edit** I've never had any problems with Bill but I've only ordered a few things so far.

Its a 72 F100. tore down at the moment. I am shortening the wheelbase, it was a long box. removed the box and will be bending and welding a flatbed for it this spring. and moving up to 37x12.5r16.5 HMMWV tires.

ok, i guess i have hijacked this thread enough. I am new here and don't know how anal you guys are about hijacks and shenanigans, yet. It varies from site to site. :)

I ordered a fuel pump from Bill. Wrong filter, made install a PAIN. IN fact the pump is pushing hard against the tank bottom. It needs to be replaced. After that I will never order again. Sorry, but burn me once and your out!

Its a 72 F100. tore down at the moment. I am shortening the wheelbase, it was a long box. removed the box and will be bending and welding a flatbed for it this spring. and moving up to 37x12.5r16.5 HMMWV tires.

ok, i guess i have hijacked this thread enough. I am new here and don't know how anal you guys are about hijacks and shenanigans, yet. It varies from site to site. :)

hehe, shenanigans

Fair game. We're discussing Bill's products and you have a positive experience from one of his vendors.

We do a fair job of stretching the rules around here :)

Oh yeah, definitely. Especially when you add in the excessive force of large tires (35" and up) into the equation. Throw a detroit locker in there, and you are snapping axle shafts like pretzel sticks. :)

On my current build, I will soon be running 37" tires on a ford 9" rear and a D44 front (richmond gears front, Yukon back) with a detroit in the rear. Lets just say I will be carrying spare axle shafts, but I am not worried about breaking the gears. I am just hoping my old 360 wont have enough power to wreck stuff too bad. :)

Yeh off road is tough on stuff. Like rock crawling real tough. Me and a friend built a back half jeep YJ with a 14 bolt and 60 front. 42" tires and an LT1 motor 700r trans 205 and 203 case. ON nitrogen shocks. She bad

Hey farva! whats that restaurant that you like with all the goofy stuff on the walls?

This site has Nazi style moderation... HAHAHAHAHA.... We have:

Rich: Senile
MonsterMark: Never Leaves the Political Forum
Calibrio: Same as MM
Geno: Starts as much trouble as everyone else
Joey: Don't see much of him... busy guy

All I can say is LVC FTW!!

Nah it's more like "300" moderation

I spend some a little time on explorerforum, pirate4x4.com (lurk), and nwuonline.com mostly.

nwuonline.com = teh win

Just checked out demon4x4, another explorer site. cool. I have a 93 that I am working on.

I gotta say, as I used to do the drop shipping thing, you're selling yourself when you do that. You need to personally at least on occasion bite the shipping and inspect the quality of the products you sell. Once you get burned, you get flamed, and that turns alot of people off to your stuff. That being said, his prices are inflated. For example; http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=451

that link leads to the x pipe. 89.99 on his site, same piece on ebay is 25 bucks.

The jet hot coated headers from him, 839.99 are easily purchased for about 600 bucks elsewhere. Granted he's in business to make money, but i'd rather not get :q:q:q:qed in the ass myself.

I woulda bought the chrome cobra r's from him, but i'd bet my ass their on back order and 239 a wheel is like ford direct pricing. Hell a used set on here just sold for 450 all 4. Granted they were used, but dayum 1000 bucks or more with shipping for those wheels.:rolleyes:

Also, Yukon gears are well made. Being an avid offroader in the past, I can vouch for their performance. Though I just bought a set off ebay, new in the box Ford Racing with bearing and seal kit for 150 bucks.

anywayz, rant over thats my 2 cents:cool:

So you are referencing a thread about headers that you could buy at one point in time and can't buy anymore... and they aren't the Kooks headers that Supercoupe sells that Bill owns the rights too.....

:q:q:q:q .org btw...

Like i said, didn't want to mention those bastards that banned me for bashing someone who was bashing lincoln (god forbid we defend our own on a website devoted to us)

And the headers are just like the cobra r rims. Try and find a set right now, no one has them in our lug pattern. its used or nothing at this point, or shell out a grand or more to some asshat with old inventory

But if you look hard enough, they are there:cool:

:bowrofl:

KK...as in KKK. J/K. Not really. No really. Not.

I read more posts than you can ever imagine. I can't honestly say I read them all but I glaze over most. When I'm PM'd a situation is when I pay most attention.

That said, as to your observations, you are pretty much dead on with the moderators listed although I see you left out the LS guys. But congrats NTL. :headbang:

I'm sorry some of you guys are offended by our decision to allow the 1st amendment to flourish here.

Maybe ObamaLvC.com would be more to your liking.:slam

Start one up. It's still a free country as far as I know. Well at least until Uncle Sam puts some spam in your inbox.

And FYI, I use the NEW POST function which puts every thread in front of my puss.
What can or should I say? LvC is a place to be emulated as to how to run a forum in a free country, not derided.

We all escaped the same concentration camp at one time time or another as you know.:Beer

I hope you realize that it is all in good fun :D and well I don't know all the LS mods... but there is Showofmybenz.... and that's all I know...

I think the mods do an A+ job around here.

Oh, and as far as Bill, he is more than welcome to come on here and defend himself without interference. I'll guarantee that.

I also to sell to many customers. It would be hypocritical to rip on a guy for one or even several mishaps. Call them what you may, I am not here to either defend nor indict.

All I ask is you keep the comments factual and on target. Don't use this forum to spread your personal grudge over an unsatisfactory experience. Give the owner a chance to make things right. Treat others the same way you'd like to be treated.

<sermon..over>

Members online

No members online now.
Back