done the safety recall today

Ricksquickviii

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I brought my 93 Lincoln mark viii in for the safety recall today, took about 3hours, I ask them why so long, they showed me the part, and he said its on the left side under the booster, a pain to get at so I got home and got a flashlight and looked under the hood under the brake booster I did not see anything like the part they show me or anything at all that they could of replaced, any thoughts were they put the part?

There was another post about someone going in for the recall and not getting it done properly, maybe you had the same thing happen to you.

just FYI

the 93's are the only year that it is under the brake booster.

all other years it is underneath near the compressor

My 93 was installed with the wrong harness. It was easy to see, next to the booster, I knew from here that it was suppose to be underneath.
They quickly took it off and then put me on the 4 month list after they disconnected the right one. Treid to get a freeby service out of them but did not get anywere.

This is exactly why I have not went to do this recall. They tried to pull a fast one on a friend of mine as well.

I had the recall work done on my 94, took about an hour... I wish they included the time estimate based on model/year of car!

I will check again tomorrow, thinking I could tell a new harness was below it and the cruise did work. THey had to replace my mod brake valve, it was leaking fluid after they installed the harness. They had a hard time locating a new one for a 93. Guess I am ahead some what with that, but then they dinged my lower door.
They will fix it at no charge, but figure the less they touch it, the better off I am.

I crawl under the car tonight and under the exhaust manifold there it was the new wire harness, I don't how they got it in there, I see why it told so long!

lol salt is a understatement, everything rots in IL, welcome to the rust belt. i haven't installed MY recall kit, i cant get the switch out of the junction block and im afraid im gonna break a line, so im looking to set some time and some 3/16" line aside and have another go at it and one way or another its getting installed

lol salt is a understatement, everything rots in IL, welcome to the rust belt. i haven't installed MY recall kit, i cant get the switch out of the junction block and im afraid im gonna break a line, so im looking to set some time and some 3/16" line aside and have another go at it and one way or another its getting installed

i havent either and my car doesnt has a spot of rust on it.:lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back