doing suspension right this time. need help please..

SleeperMark

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hi guys. about a year or so ago i went the cheap rout and bought the Monroe SensaTrak coil conversion kit. it is TERRIBLE!!! I have finally had enough and want to do this right. So far i have it down to the Tokico HP series front strut ;)(part no HU3689), Moog Strut mount (part no K8640), Eibach Pro spring kit (part no 3524.140). what else do i need? i have upper and lower perches from the monroe kit but the springs from monroe are Linear, will these perches work? and do i need spring isolators for the Tokico strut and mount or will they come with isolators? Thanks for the help guys. Any suggestions also appreciated.

sounds like you got a nice setup, thats what im running on my 98 exactly and i love it

your shocks will come with new isolators, you just need to burn the old ones out of the rear mounts

some people have used the snowflake center caps for a spring perch, so if the spring fits on it, itll work

i suggest you take pics

this was the kit. will those perches work?

5930_1151621644335_1641450453_384944_4806582_n.jpg

you just said he needs to replace both his isolators and perches, right after saying they work... be quiet

looks like you have everything you need..i expect "progress complete" pics by sundown!

you just said he needs to replace both his isolators and perches, right after saying they work... be quiet

looks like you have everything you need..i expect "progress complete" pics by sundown!

that is apparently a pic of the old kit before he put it on the car, I would not put used $23.00 isolators on $300 springs ever

I said they (should) will work.... but if you want to do it right contact DLF

sorry i didn't make that abundantly clear next time i will type it slower for the reading comprehensively challanged.

sounds like you got a nice setup, thats what im running on my 98 exactly and i love it

your shocks will come with new isolators, you just need to burn the old ones out of the rear mounts

some people have used the snowflake center caps for a spring perch, so if the spring fits on it, itll work

i suggest you take pics

Sapperfire, Did you cut your springs to drop it more?
I have the same spring and mine seems to sit higher, at least from the looks of the picture. granted I just finished it today so they havent dropped at all.

Goddam.

How is the ride with this setup?

And I wish I had known about this when I did mine....:(

Goddam.

How is the ride with this setup?

And I wish I had known about this when I did mine....:(

I'll let you know tomorrow when I take it out. I bought the spring perches from DFL, same Eibach spring kit, Prothane isolators, and tokico illumina shocks and bags I had new in the box from when I had my SC.
I set them to firm when I installed them, just finish running the lines for the bags.
DLF's perches worked perfect and he made them so I could run the SC bags inside the springs.
I put the rear shocks on the day before I took the car apart and they were perfect with the air ride on the firm setting.

Thanks for the info but one last question... has anyone tried the tokico full kit for the thunderbird?? It seems like a better deal but i don't want to be in the same boat Im in now

i think i found my HUGE problem. from what ive read the gen 1 has near a 63/37 weight distribution and the gen 2 is 53/47. question one is what did they do hat made nearly a 400lb difference??? Question 2 is will my choice in front springs be reflected by this weight? i havnt heard anyone with a gen 1 back up the Eibach kit...

i think i found my HUGE problem. from what ive read the gen 1 has near a 63/37 weight distribution and the gen 2 is 53/47. question one is what did they do hat made nearly a 400lb difference??? Question 2 is will my choice in front springs be reflected by this weight? i havnt heard anyone with a gen 1 back up the Eibach kit...

not sure where you saw these numbers, but the gen 1 to gen 2 overall weight and more importantly the weight distribution are not noticeably different, those numbers you posted are wrong, or at least one set of them is wrong.

I didn't have to cut any of my springs, my 93 sits on the 2" lowered Strutmaster coils, and the 98 sits on 1" lowered Eibachs

Im using Tokicos on both cars.. The 98 feels very firm..about as close to an "air feel" as I think you could possibly get with springs

WTB : A set of Terrible Monroe Sensatrac front coil spring conversion. PM me
for your pricing.

In your own words, please describe your terrible experience with the Monroe
conversion springs? Likes and dislikes? Was it the ride quality? Shock Rebound and Compression
valving? Fitment problem? Build and construction quality? Color?:)

Ren/Octane

i knew those numbers didnt make sense. but as far as kits go should i stay away from the tokico springs and stick with Eibach? its only 50$ more to do eibach

I'll let you know tomorrow when I take it out. I bought the spring perches from DFL, same Eibach spring kit, Prothane isolators, and tokico illumina shocks and bags I had new in the box from when I had my SC.
I set them to firm when I installed them, just finish running the lines for the bags.
DLF's perches worked perfect and he made them so I could run the SC bags inside the springs.
I put the rear shocks on the day before I took the car apart and they were perfect with the air ride on the firm setting.

I've driven the car for two days now, ride and control is great. Springs have settled nicely to about the same hieght as curb position w/sensor lowering.
Less body roll than my air ride with the same ureathane bushings.
Expansion joints are a little sharper but not much.
Overall, very happy with the set up.

I'll let you know tomorrow when I take it out. I bought the spring perches from DLF, same Eibach spring kit, Prothane isolators, and tokico illumina shocks and bags I had new in the box from when I had my SC.

I've driven the car for two days now, ride and control is great. Springs have settled nicely to about the same hieght as curb position w/sensor lowering.
Less body roll than my air ride with the same ureathane bushings.
Expansion joints are a little sharper but not much.
Overall, very happy with the set up.

I'm glad to hear that you're happy....

Members online

No members online now.
Back