Doing some thinking today

lloydrage said:
this has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Dude wouldnt you rather live?

LOL, I can see it now.... Yes, Officer, I was invited into HyeLifeLS's car, but he told me not to wear a seatbelt. After getting into the accident, I'm now injured for life, and want to sue him for everything he's got. Unfortunately, he's just a kid and has no money, so I'd like to sue his parents instead.

I only use dressing on tires because there is no need to put it anywhere else.I can't stand that greasy crap on everything whether it be a new car or an old one.YUK!

Besides tires, I use dressing on all exterior plastics, particularly the black exterior plastics on the cowl, rear fanny pan, and side skirts. You don't need a lot to get a good result. I apply it with a sponge, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess. If done properly, and if you use the right stuff, it doesn't make a mess.

I also like to put some dressing on those little rubber bumper thingies that are inside the gas door. Oh, and I also clean and detail my black valve stems with a toothbrush and soap, followed by dressing.

I set my hood stops so the rubber caps make a nice diamond and they all match. I also set the "X" fasteners under the hood so they all look like a giant Plus sign.

HyeLifeLS said:
I don't know if it's the dumbest thing you have ever heard of whatever but I get really uncomfortable when something is tight or pushing on me, so I rather seat comfortably.
Yeah, the cracked skull with embedded glass chunks is so much more comfortable than wearing a seatbelt...

ToddG said:
he's just a kid and has no money, so I'd like to sue his parents instead.

Besides tires, I use dressing on all exterior plastics, particularly the black exterior plastics on the cowl, rear fanny pan, and side skirts.
sign.

He's not a kid I believe. I do the same thing with the exterior plastics etc. Turns out real nice.

toddg, don't worry old man, you are never gonna be invited in MY car, and sooner, if you know that the embedded glass chunks is so much more comfortable than wearing a seatbelt, then keep wearing them. BOTH of you, please don't worry about my health so much, I am VERY healthy.

i think everyone should decide on their own if they do or dont want to wear a seatbelt, it should not be a law to wear it. Things like speeding, driving drunk.. etc. yes they should be laws. However not wearing a seat belt is not putting anyone else in jeoprady.

WOW!!!! This is this mans first post and its a great point. Seatbelts are in my eyes like abortion (now dont anyone go on with this topic, just making a point) it should be up to THAT person and THAT person only. If they feel like its better for them than let it be. Alot of people have died wearing belts and alot have died not wearing them. Its personal preferance. Its not affecting anyone elses ability to drive nor anyones safety, but their owns. So lets all not go getting in another fight like before. As we say here in STL L.I.G. (let it go)

I agree it should not be a law requiring it, it should be a choice.

But...I see where it affects others. I lost a good friend who was a passenger in a 02 silverado that rolled. He was ejected from the vehicle and died of massive head injuries. He left behind a 1 year old son of whom all of us are paying for now through the welfare system.

I don't understand why he says he doesn't let anybody else wear their seatbelt? That is like saying "If I die, your goin with me" With friends like that, who needs enemies?

DLS8K said:
4- Always put car in neutral........then park when im done driving....seems to go smoother on the transmission.
hey thanx for this one DSL8K never knew how easy that makes it. I always have to park on a bump and the car always jerks when backing out, now that I put it neutral the Reverse its as smooth as butter.

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

chriswells78 said:
I agree it should not be a law requiring it, it should be a choice.

But...I see where it affects others. I lost a good friend who was a passenger in a 02 silverado that rolled. He was ejected from the vehicle and died of massive head injuries. He left behind a 1 year old son of whom all of us are paying for now through the welfare system.

I don't understand why he says he doesn't let anybody else wear their seatbelt? That is like saying "If I die, your goin with me" With friends like that, who needs enemies?

well id be pretty upset if I killed someone in a accident because they were thrown from the car. you could save someone a lot of grief if you wear your seat belt. also it is concievable that wearing your seat belt could save other peoples lives too, if you're in the middle of the road thrown from your car people are going to be swerving all around you trying not to ride over the body in the road...

I saved the floor mats and used after market ones.
I saved the cigarette lighter and use a old one from another car. And if I use that one it is outside of the car.
make sure the e break is holding me on a hill and not the trans.
wash my car by hand and am super obsessive about scrubbing every inch many times over.
don’t put things in the trunk since they just slide all over and smash into the cd changer and the walls
super careful what I put on the leather. I try to lay everything on the floor
spend 1000’s of dollars a year keeping a beater car on the road so I don’t have to drive the LS everywhere.
Drive the beater when it really isn’t road worthy just to save miles on the LS. One beater was leaking oil on the exhaust manifold and catching fire. I drove thru the winter and subzero weather in beaters with no heat and antifreeze smoke pouring from the vents into the cab and out OPEN windows! I was wearing gloves and a hat and two jackets and still needed an hour to unthaw when I got to my destination
change the oil every 3000 miles with mobil 1 synthetic and mobil 1 oil filter, have done at 1500 miles and then from 3000 miles to now, 69000 miles.

You guys changed my mind, now I am gonna be wearing all 5 seatbelts in my LS at the same time :). No, really, whatever you guys say, it does make sense of course to me and the seatbelt does help in most of the cases.

jokken said:
I saved the floor mats and used after market ones.

LOL, that reminds me. I cut clear floormat covers out of a plastic hallway carpet runner and put that over my floormats. :rolleyes: Next thing you know, I'll be covering the upholstery with plastic furniture covers.

Well in my last accident I survived because I didn't have my seatbelt on. And the only reason I'm driving my LS today is because of that accident. Sort of a blessing in disguise! But the ironic thing is I will not drive my LS without my seatbelt. That damn dinging is enough to drive a man bonkers!

Heres my list of weird preferences:
1. Wait until my easy entry is done to start my car.
2. I too will not put it in drive until its at 800rpm.
3. I turn my AC and radio off every exit.
4. I have to have my radar on volume 6.
5. Car washes are a NO-NO! Hand washes only!
6. I will not allow anyone to smoke in the backseat just because there not in my vision.
7. I also pull the handbrake before putting it in park(seems easier on tranny)
8. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHAL IN MY CAR! Even if its consumed by me earlier I will always refuse to drive, even pull down the rear seats and make a bed if I have to!

jumpman6235 said:
i think everyone should decide on their own if they do or dont want to wear a seatbelt, it should not be a law to wear it. Things like speeding, driving drunk.. etc. yes they should be laws. However not wearing a seat belt is not putting anyone else in jeoprady.

Well, it is a law now. So you should abide by it. If you don't like it, then have it changed.

And not wearing a seatbelt can in fact affect all of us. The higher insurance rates from paying out for medical or life claims, the loss of life style to his family, etc etc. But most important, the injury or loss of life of a passenger for not requiring they wear one.

If you wear a seat belt at all times, you will be amazed at how you get used to it. I have got to the point where I'm uncomfortable if I DON'T have one on. Try it for 30 days...every time you get in the car for anything. See if you don't discover the same thing.

2001LS8Sport said:
If you wear a seat belt at all times, you will be amazed at how you get used to it. I have got to the point where I'm uncomfortable if I DON'T have one on. Try it for 30 days...every time you get in the car for anything. See if you don't discover the same thing.

I know what you mean, I feel more supported with the seatbelt on. Especially in "spirited" driving.

I have a pair of custom made Lincoln sandals that I wear when I am driving. Not only do they keep my interior spotless it really helps on hot days cuz black socks do NOT mix! The ventilation to and from work/school really helps. LOL. I also keep a little shoe rack in my trunk to hold sneakers, dress shoes, etc. I know this sounds girly but it keeps my shoes and my interior fresh to death, no matter what the weather.

all these things we do just convinces me even more that every car I buy after this LS (not that I would ever get rid of the LS) is not going to be anything that I care about.

let the mechanics do the work
let me get in with dirty shoes
let me push the oil change interval
let the rims be dirty for a few weeks
let me use the car wash
let it be fast enough

screw it. it makes no sense to do all this to cars, they loose their values day by day even when you do work to them. the rims will always be dirty and have marks or gashes in them - they are the closest thing to the road for crying out loud, lol!!!!

It’s a never ending project and I for one would much rather have a 1/2 decent stock car and drink beer all day...

that said, I wonder what rims I should get for the LS? :L

Members online

Back