doing some minor maintence. recommendations?

karolpl2004

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well looking to fix the studdering upon acceleration for my 2003 ls v6. I have plenty of oil under my block so im guessing my valve cover gaskets need to be replaced? Any one have the p/n for them? Also i read about the pcv hose replacement? Any one have the pn for that as well? Then im thinking change the spark plugs as well. Any thing else while i got it in pieces?

Well looking to fix the studdering upon acceleration for my 2003 ls v6. I have plenty of oil under my block so im guessing my valve cover gaskets need to be replaced? Any one have the p/n for them? Also i read about the pcv hose replacement? Any one have the pn for that as well? Then im thinking change the spark plugs as well. Any thing else while i got it in pieces?

If your changing the CoPs to get rid of the stuttering then I behoove you to also change the spark plugs.

Shuddering while accelerating? I would bet on coils. Replace them all with a set of Visteons from eBay. Change all the spark plugs a the same time.

How much oil are you losing? If it's your VCGs, they're either in terrible shape or non-existent if you're losing a lot of oil. You can order new ones from Amazon, Advance Auto, whatever. They'll all have them.

I would also change the fuel filter. It's inexpensive, easy, and can make a difference.

I changed the fuel filter about 2 months ago. What is the pcv hose though?? Im not loosing a lot of oil bit the bottom of engine is pretty wet and i can see a bit of oil burning when i left i open the hood.

Certainly change out all of the coils and plugs. Another problem that is not unheard of on the V6 is random oil leaks from the IMRC o-rings in the intake manifold. (This causes random smoke from under the hood.)

so here is what i should do:
change gaskets (do they come in a set? what are the part numbers? do i need any other minor gaskets?
change spark plugs( which are most suitable?)
change coils (ebay ones are fine?)
change the pcv (now do i change the hose or the valve? and what is the part number?)
any links are welcome to where i can buy some or all this stuff for cheapest =P
thanks!

PCV Valve V6

You have to remove the intake manifold to get to the PCV valve. Follow the metal pipe from the throttle body to the right rear of the engine, you will find a short rubber hose going verticle down to the pipe that goes under the intake manifold. You can replace the PCV valve and the box it is in if needed.
Be careful of the plastic lines left rear of engine, they can be brittle. Whole top of engine can be worked with 7,8,9,10,12mm 1/4in drive sockets with various length extensions, swivels & wobble end extensions. Torn mine apart 12 times! Watch intake bolts, some long, some short. Electrical harnes plastic covers Left & Right rear of engine hard to lift up to get off studs. Pinch fuel rail injector connectors to remove as required. Alot of patience required! On valve covers watch were bolts & studs go, some have stud above bolt head to attach hose/line retainers. 3 push on vacumn lines left rear often missed during re-assembly, they come off last go on first! Only the grey silicone gasket sealer recommended, not the blue, black or copper. Clean everything real good before installing the valve cover gaskets & the spark plugs gaskets.
You may need special socket for coolant temp switch right side. Be careful of small rubber hose plastic connector on top radiator hose assy, easy to break off! Good luck!!!!

Members online

Back