doing my rear shocks.

apl

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the front done. I rented a good spring compressor from Autozone. I have a Rigid impact gun 450 ft/lb so no problems there. Is there anything I should know about doing the rear. My understanding is I jack up the car. Remove 4 nuts on top, then remove the large bolt on the bottom. Then remove the shock assembly. Thanks

I have the front done. I rented a good spring compressor from Autozone. I have a Rigid impact gun 450 ft/lb so no problems there. Is there anything I should know about doing the rear. My understanding is I jack up the car. Remove 4 nuts on top, then remove the large bolt on the bottom. Then remove the shock assembly. Thanks

Sounds about right.....

I'm about to get on this job myself very soon, still darn cold in the garage to do the work though.

Ended up purchasing new hardware all around, figured it would be best as apposed to re-using 13yr old bolts and nuts.
I also simply see the car jacked up, loosen top 4 nuts inside trunk, main large bolt at the bottom and letting it fall out.
Compress it, then remove top tension nut, clean up all parts and reassemble. I've got my rear Eibach's going in this year.
New front Sports shocks going in as well, Eibach lowering springs already in.

SECTION 204-02: Rear Suspension - 2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual ~ http://deneau.info/ls/

s6x~us~en~file=n0042870.gif~gen~ref.gif

s6x~us~en~file=n0042871.gif~gen~ref.gif

* note the torque specs.

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION - Shock Absorber and Spring Assembly

DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY - Shock Absorber and Spring Assembly

s6x~us~en~file=n0042871.gif~gen~ref.gif

s6x~us~en~file=n0042870.gif~gen~ref.gif

Hi do you know where I can find factory coil spring for a 2003 lincoln ls I been every still no help..I have the struts I just cant find the coil I went to napa auto part they dont have it I evem rent to lincoln dealership they said it was discontinued. .im lookin for the factory coil spring not the lower permanence spring. .

Hi do you know where I can find factory coil spring for a 2003 lincoln ls I been every still no help..I have the struts I just cant find the coil I went to napa auto part they dont have it I evem rent to lincoln dealership they said it was discontinued. .im lookin for the factory coil spring not the lower permanence spring. .

I have a set of 2003 factory sport springs 50K miles I will let go for $100 plus the ride :rolleyes:

I'd be reallll careful with that compressor from autozone. Some mechanics call them death traps. I'd try not to take the gun to the shock once you get it out with the compressor on it. Also I would just loosen the top bolts before you take off the bottom one. Might make it a little easier to get everything apart. Good luck man!

The factory had a regular suspension and a sport suspension. I have the sport suspension. If you are referring to Eibach sports springs, no they are not.

The factory had a regular suspension and a sport suspension. I have the sport suspension. If you are referring to Eibach sports springs, no they are not.

We know that. What we are saying is that the springs are the same for the sport suspension and the regular suspension. There are differences in some other items, but not the springs.

Joe, is it recommended to add some lube/white grease to the Shock absorber upper mount where the spring meets or would it just go in dry?

Right on, thanks! Thought maybe I needed something in there during install in order to keep them quiet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back