Doing my own system

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm doing my own custom system in my Mark. My plan is to change all of the speakers to 6 1/2 components and rid myself of the factory amp. How do I find the speaker wires in the trunk so I don't have run new wires?

1wykdmk8 said:
Do it right....run new wires.....TRUST ME!
OK, when rewiring, how are the speakers run? Could anyone give me a diagram? Here is what I would like to know.

Do I rewire each speaker from the speaker to the back of the back of the radio?

Do the rewired speakers go from the speaker to the rear where the new amplifier is located?

When I did my buddys I just falowed the wires back from the speakers but that was monsoon thoe

GMAN said:
Do I rewire each speaker from the speaker to the back of the back of the radio?

Do the rewired speakers go from the speaker to the rear where the new amplifier is located?
If you are using an external amplifier, the speaker wires will need to be run from the speakers to the amplifier.

are you keeping the original headunit? If so and the factory amp was in use, then the Headunit is most likely a dead head..meaning that no internal power. In any case, if you are using an aftermarket headunit, run the rca's back to the amp. Speaker leads go through the amplifier then to the speakers. ALWAYS rewire! Factory Ford wiring is not even close to sufficient for todays component sets. I have one single sub and it fires through the package tray in the rear. 3 amps, a 3-way set of components, one sub and Eclipse headunit. All I needed.

Let me know how things turn out. It is only right that with such a sweet looking car, you also clean up your audio signal too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back