doing my calipers monday

dtx01

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i cant make up my damn mind.

i'm painting my calipers Monday along with adding new slotted/drilled rotors and new pads. i have no idea what color i'm going to choose. i have an 03' ls with a 1" drop with stock 17" chromes. i was thinking black, silver (they are already silver-ish [more grey then anything], so if i was going to do that i might as well not even paint them @ all) or red.. let me know what you guys think.

this is what it looks like now.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Black, the red just looks like fake stoptechs black looks really clean.

black... But tear them appart and have them powdercoated black; it'll last forever

how long does a project like painting brake calipers take? how many hours are we looking at. id like to plan it out a little better before i do it.

Hmmm i was thinkin re doin the silver but black everyone sayin so i guess i will do black now... and it looks nice.

Well its Tuesday, I didn't get them done Monday. I finished them and they look great. I'm gonna wash the car tomorrow and gonna take some pics :)

I've got the same wheels on my 2002 with drilled/slotted rotors. I went with the black...no regrets...

question. what's the best way to clean/polish chrome? i got a lot of stains from brake dust.

old
vbpgimage.php

new
l_9b8a54b09df8fe8f854ce938642948ff.png

l_cba811580e553ddb4c022752bf62a91c.png

l_04500a047b5cf1462556ad079596e7a8.png

That looks great, but get some shoes man....

Anyways, when I had my chrome wheels, I used to polish em once in a while, it was time consuming but then they looked like new again.

I don't know the name of the polish, I got it from my friend who works in a body shop, I still have some in a Sprite bottle.

cant afford to spend $2000 on some wheels plus i love the way the factory wheels look.

I said shoes man, not wheels. Those wheels on your car look 10x better than most aftermarket wheels.
cant afford to spend $2000 on some wheels plus i love the way the factory wheels look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back