Doing a Little Bragging

mespock said:
I may only have one year left of coaching... When the youngest goes off to College I'll have to make sure that I am free to head to her meets.

I've been trying to explain that track is secondary not primary when you go on to school. But she's deturmined that track is primary so her choice of college will have to have a track team.

It's upsetting her mother! I'm trying to be no bias but what would you expect from a track coach.... Plus the colleges she's thinking about are closer to me.
Rich, i agree Track should be secondary, a good college education is priceless and should be the primary goal of attending college. both daughters are doing good so far tell them pepps said, keep up the good work.

New great news..

Oldest Daughter just qualified in the 4 x 400m relay for the NCAA Division III outdoor Nationals last night!!

Youngest Daughter last night in a 22 team meet mostly Division II schools finished 1st in the Long Jump, 4th in the 200m, 4th in the 4 x 400m relay.

mespock said:
New great news..

Oldest Daughter just qualified in the 4 x 400m relay for the NCAA Division III outdoor Nationals last night!!

Youngest Daughter last night in a 22 team meet mostly Division II schools finished 1st in the Long Jump, 4th in the 200m, 4th in the 4 x 400m relay.
Great news Rich, keep us posted. :cool:

Another Great day in the life of our oldest!! Yesterday qualified for Nationals, today graduated from College. She was 1 of 3 nominated for valedictorian, didn't get the title but still graduated Summa Cum Laude.

1 small.jpg

My congrats to your daughter Rich, that is an outstanding acheivement. Your daughter has a solid foundation for a great life ahead. :cool: Thanks for sharing the news and a good pic.

Confrence Meet today -

Youngest finished 3rd in the 400 with a PR - 2nd in the 100 with a PR - 2nd in the 200 - and 1rst in the Long Jump with a PR. Great day for her.

Youngest is State Bound - Sencond female in School History to Qualify for State in 3 events.

Long Jump, 4 x 100m Relay, and 200m. Just missed out in the 100m.

Our Girls team placed 7th out of 37 team. We only have 9 girls on the track team.

Congrats. Good Luck!

My son took 1st in the 400m and 2nd in some relay race this week. Just a 8th grade little meet thing. Pretty cool thou, he was very proud of how he just paced the runners and when he turned it on, no one had any left. When he took 1st in his relay he was confident, but not over confident. In the final race he ran his race and kicked some butt.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Congrats. Good Luck!

My son took 1st in the 400m and 2nd in some relay race this week.

That's great... Tell him to keep it up. Track is a sport where you use your own physical ability with no ball to carry, hit, kick, or dribble. It's your body's own strength, speed, and endurance... It's you and what you have.

I love watching the 400m races. Those who do it are insane and have something to be really proud about. On our team we have athletes who fear event day when we announce who's running what at meets. There are a few my daughter one who love hearing 400m. Most give a big groan and then 50,000,000 excused why they shouldn't. But usually after they are done they are proud of their accomplishment. They always come running over to tell their official time and excited, but when I ask so you enjoyed that... I get oh no, never again please..LOL....

I can't wait for next weekend. The state meet is so wild. Watching the athletes as they walk onto the track is so moving, the stand in awe for a bit then get so excited being there with the State's Best then realizing that they are one of them (the reality usually doesn't sink in right away).

Hope everyone has fun at Carlisle! I'd love to be there but watching you son/daughter run in the state meet is priceless. Wouldn't even trade it for 94m5's Mark VIII, not even Geno's Super Mark...

Good luck at the State track meet Rich, and good luck to your daughter also. :cool:

Day one of Wisconsin State meet. Youngest daughter breaks longest standing school record in long jump and finishes 4th at state.

Youngest anchors 4 x 100m relay which breaks school record and qualifies for finals at state meet.

After a long meet and very warm temps youngest daughter finishes 15th in the 200m.

Coach and Dad (same person) is very proud... Watching Daughter standing on State Track Meet Awards Podium.... Priceless...

rich stand proud and lovem mikes younger brother loves to run and so do i will have to start up again if the old joints will cooperate, jd

Just standing on the track at that meet, wow you can just feel the thrill and excitement. There are 1000's of people in the stands watching.

It was a real rush!! Can't wait until next season only 9 months away LOL....

I'm just now catching up on some of the news, Rich. Great pics, fantastic achievements, proud parents! Congrats don't seem like enough, I know you’re on top of the world! I feel a little pride you are sharing this with us, its great to see them doing so well.

PS; that pic of her kissing the medal with a gleam in her eye is killer, man!

kissedvfd said:
I'm just now catching up on some of the news, Rich. Great pics, fantastic achievements, proud parents! Congrats don't seem like enough, I know you’re on top of the world! I feel a little pride you are sharing this with us, its great to see them doing so well.

PS; that pic of her kissing the medal with a gleam in her eye is killer, man!

I have one picture left to post but I don't have the picture yet. That's the one of her standing on the medal stand at the state meet.

Her goal was to get to state this year after just missing out her Freshman and Sophomore years In Division II. This year our enrollment was down and we go dropped down to Division III (wish is not necessarily easier, just a little less completion. Here dream was to stand on the podium buy her Senior year. Well she made both. Next year the monkey is off the back and maybe a chance to stand on the podium for more events

Cassie now hold 5 school records the most by any athlete in our school both boys and girls. She tied the school record for taking events to state for a girl, the most you can take is 4 she took 3.

Now it's time for a short rest and then back to hitting the weights for the summer and going to a few track camps. (Just FYI, I do not push her as many parents do. Everything she does is on her time and at her request. I don't live my life through hers. I had my time in HS and it was fun. Now it's a rush to watch her have her fun). If she would choose to quit then so be it. But right now her hardest decision is what college to go to. She's been courted all year by a few area colleges and universities. Can't wait for the trips to visit those places. My favorite is Washington University in St. Louis but I think she feels that one is too far away.

Oh by the way.. Oldest Daughter now holds 2 records at the University of Wisconsin Platteville. Can't wait to take a pic of her name on the record board.

Thanks all for your comments this spring, hope you didn't my my boast but damn it was a fun year.

So until next Winter when the College indoor invites begin.

Members online

No members online now.
Back