Doesn't anyone write about the Zephyr

doug03ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This thread sure is dead. I wonder if it is like Lincoln sales of the Zephyr.

Doug

Actually the Zephyr sales have been up every single month since it was introduced. All the dealerships I have talked to say they are the best selling thing on the lot right now.

Could have fooled me. Ford just 0% financing for all models for 72 mos. They have the biggest inventory on their lots in over 25 yrs. Sounds like their marketing/development has been behind the power curve.

Ford as well as Chrystler and GM are trying to get rid of the 2006 MY on the lot. They all are offering major rebates along with 0% for many terms. September is supposedly when the next MY launches. Unless you are GM in which case you launch everything 6 months before everyone in hopes of making up your 10 billion or so loss.

I think the Zephyr is a loser. Yesterday, I saw 3 Ls models on the street, I haven't seen a Zephyr in weeks. Just another example of Lincoln/Ford behind the market curve.

btw ford fired the owner i think bill ford? hes bein replaced with some shlept not even with a last name ford. i think ford losing their edge unfortunately.
may have to switch over to mercedes haha

Doug03ls, it only makes sense that you would see a car that has been out for 7 model years (LS) more ofter than a car that came out 11 months ago (Zephyr).

True, but the Zephyr has been out for months and I rarely see one. BTW, I did see one today. The first I have seen in weeks.

Doug

I would love to see more Zephyr owners post here - its just a new car that isnt in need of much repair yet, so not many are looking for the info.

When I bought my 03 LS I did a google search the same day and joined LLSOC.
I still believe Lincoln has a loser in the Zephyr.

The Fusion/Milan/Zephyr (MKZ) are as reliable as teh Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, according to today's consumer reports article. that's encouraging.

The car is still young. Back in 2005 I hardly saw Ford Five Hundreds and Montegos. And these cars are a bit slow in sales. Yet in 2006, they suddenly popped up everywhere.

Give the Zephyr another few months and they will be more common.

The Aviator is a cement block in sales. I hardly saw them in the first years but now, they're popping up here and there.

Another thing, Many new Zephyr owners come from trade-ins of their Camry's and Accords. They hardly now anything about us lincoln fanatics. Give it a while and the passion of these cars will grow.

Well the Zephyr/MKZ November YTD sales figure is 29,319. I'd hardly call that a loser. The Town Car November YTD is 35,278.

NaplesBill said:
Well the Zephyr/MKZ November YTD sales figure is 29,319. I'd hardly call that a loser. The Town Car November YTD is 35,278.
That's not a bad start but I have feeling those numbers will decline. It is hard to tell who they are marketing this vehicle for. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't have a good feeling about it.

It seems obvious to me that they are marketing it to the Acura/Lexus buyer. With the quality wins for the Fusion/Milan/Zephyr in Consumer Reports, it would seem obvious that it would raise interest at some level.

the funny thing is that while many car mags like the new MKZ, they all think that the wood is fake. IMO, the wood in the Lincolns (with the exception of the Mark LT) looks very good.

rmac694203 said:
I hate the consoles in the Mkz/Navi on the new lincolns. It's just so flat and, I don't know, unappealing.

Funny thing is that's what I like about them. Different strokes for different folks. I give Lincoln a lot of credit for having the guts to make something completely different for a change. The only other Lincoln that I'd ever consider owning was the LS. The LS interior doesn't hold a candle to the Zephyr though.

By the way, (about the wood) it is real, in all Lincolns. Unlike in Cadillac, according to the nearest Cadillac dealer it is plastic that looks like wood.

Lincoln Luebbe said:
By the way, (about the wood) it is real, in all Lincolns. Unlike in Cadillac, according to the nearest Cadillac dealer it is plastic that looks like wood.

Yeah, I know. For a pretty cheap price (Zephyr/MKZ), you can get nice wood, instead of that godawful plastic cheap stuff on caddies.

This thread does not have a lot of activity. I have met a few owners and they like the car. I wonder how the sales are doing???

Doug

Members online

Back