Does this seem slow (Video)

Wow... I wouldn't be driving 130 while trying to film at the same time. But yeah, it didn't seem like the best 0-60. Do you have an xcal? I saw you ran past redline a couple times.

tact is off.. doesn't read right... no SCT... thats just a cold air and no mufflers... I left the trans in D4 on that run.... camara was mounted! lol

This video was taken just before he got his new LS.

mine seems semi-slow and its an 05. maybe just me but when i do almost WOT seems like it takes forever to get to 70 or 80 idk?

i counted. seems slow yea. i may br wrong but u hit 94mph between 16 and 17 seconds, starting at 1 second.

i said 94mph because thats about what ud hit in a 1/4 mile.

so 04LS v8 doing (roughly) the 1/4 in 15-16 seconds. seems slow for an 04+

mine dont have as much take off as his in the vid shows. its slower than my mom's big 4.6L V8 on takeoff or is to me. i tried using the manu-matic deal and just keeping it regular drive but no diff to me so IDK? i only got like <35k on the clock. tuneup or something?

I dont know much about these cars so maybe u guys can help me out. i've always had chevys and v6s

the video is of a 2000 lincoln LS home made CAI and no mufflers... all 8 coils were brand new... its 0-60 was like 7 or 8 seconds i believe

well to me, it does seem slllow but these cars are not screamers anyway, cruisers. And the fact that i drive pretty modified car(s) now, being mine or friends that I work on.

i wasnt even sure what kind of engnie the 3.9L was til after i bought it. foudn out it was a jaguar engine not a ford engine. i first thought maybe a 3.9L was like a smaller version of the 4.6L in the town cars.

but they rated at like 239hp and mine is like 280 so i cant figure how that i dont have takeoff pwr. but i kno top end is around 145 or so, cuz i been there but its slow on takeoffs - never have been able to even make the rear tires even make as much as a chirp lol..

wierd to me that my 3400 V6 chevy had a lot more chirping power than this v8 ford... do they really have enough torque and stuff to make them do anything or are they just too heavy?

heavy is a big one, being an 8 though the grunt should be there. I remember my '02 was pretty nice, until I got the car I have now lol

i wasnt even sure what kind of engnie the 3.9L was til after i bought it. foudn out it was a jaguar engine not a ford engine. i first thought maybe a 3.9L was like a smaller version of the 4.6L in the town cars.

but they rated at like 239hp and mine is like 280 so i cant figure how that i dont have takeoff pwr. but i kno top end is around 145 or so, cuz i been there but its slow on takeoffs - never have been able to even make the rear tires even make as much as a chirp lol..

wierd to me that my 3400 V6 chevy had a lot more chirping power than this v8 ford... do they really have enough torque and stuff to make them do anything or are they just too heavy?

was the chevy front wheel drive? its a heck of a lot easier to spin the front tires but thats just wasted power. the 3.9 was made to give smooth acceleration and use less gas at cruising speeds. the car is just too heavy though for 250 ft-lbs and no gearing.
handling is what this car is good at, even with the weight. its not the fastest car, but its fun, comfortable, and very well balanced overall.

Members online

Back