Does the ram air mod really work? **(VIDEO!!)**

Nitrobasher

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Id say that a big 10 4 :)

Or atleast it seems like it, I just installed it after looking at Mrwilsons, mods.

Except i have a Gen 2 and was just a tad bit harder, also i hid mine behind the slits of the front bumper so not as much crap would get in.

anyways the first movie clip is before the ram air mod, the second video clip is after the ram air mod. lemme know what you think

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c2ff3d4d-f6f5-4f7e-a31d-45c13f1911a1.htm

im going to stick with my first oppinion of most definatly works. no doubt about that. for me, i have to redo mine, prolly outa stronger material, or just go find an lms one someplace.

first pull took 10 seconds from 40-80
second took just shy of 8

thats a pritty good drop imo.

I find it difficult to believe the ram air mod took 2 seconds off the 0-100 time alone. That's almost like doing the quarter in 14 after running a 16.

Calabrio said:
I find it difficult to believe the ram air mod took 2 seconds off the 0-100 time alone. That's almost like doing the quarter in 14 after running a 16.

not 0-100 , 40-80.....go watch the vid clips yourself.

obviously there will be some diffrence in the two situations...its night time in the second clip so it will be cooler and less humid...idk the rest of the factors, but ill be willing to say its up to 1.5 seconds of variable.

Cbecker1994Vlll said:
what ram air are you guys talking about. whats the set up for it

theres two being refered to...the one i created for $10, and then the LMS one that is not in production. mine is just a piece of dryer ducting that goes through the hole in the fender well, through the wheel well down below the front bumper, and then zip tied it down. ...idk how nitro did his, he would be the one to talk to about doing it on a gen 2, but thats how i did mine on the gen 1.

btw, whats the name of that song in the video.

i got a gen 1. i might have to try that today. i am already going to cut my mufflers off today anyway. why not do something else also

MrWilson said:
im going to stick with my first oppinion of most definatly works. no doubt about that. for me, i have to redo mine, prolly outa stronger material, or just go find an lms one someplace.

first pull took 10 seconds from 40-80
second took just shy of 8

thats a pritty good drop imo.

I find that hard to believe, and this coming from a guy who has a March ram air set up on his car.

Dyno the car with it off and with it on.

NYC LSC said:
I find that hard to believe, and this coming from a guy who has a March ram air set up on his car.

I agree with tom... it "might" help throttle response slightly, but there is no way your seeing any noticible gains (just like a highflow filter).

you "might" (and I use that term loosly) see a small gain at high speeds from loading the intake with air, but I highly doubt it's much

hey guys,
like I said i coud tell a slight increase in power, but was just wondering if you guys could see it at all?

I will take pics of the set up today.

and btw The song in the video is Diamond knights, destination diamond, i believe

The video i made for my friend is the same band but called "girls attractive"

NYC LSC said:

I dont think it would show up with a dyno ..... the car isn't moving IE no air to ram.

I did the same thing to my 1990 town car .

Nitrobasher said:
hey guys,
like I said i coud tell a slight increase in power, but was just wondering if you guys could see it at all?

I will take pics of the set up today.

and btw The song in the video is Diamond knights, destination diamond, i believe

The video i made for my friend is the same band but called "girls attractive"

oh and i didnt mean to come off sounding like a dick or anything either :) no offense intended

buddylee said:
I dont think it would show up with a dyno ..... the car isn't moving IE no air to ram.

I did the same thing to my 1990 town car .

lol, exactly what i was gonna say.

The ram air effect might not make a difference, but the decrease in intake temps might.

Unless he already had a true, comepletely sealed cold air kit with high efficiency insulation in the first place, he is definitely seeing cooler air temps now.

Here are the pics as promised, couldnt get an install shot but could get an aftermath shot.

werd
IMG_3645.gif

IMG_3646.gif

IMG_3650.gif

Good job! You spent hours putting useless pieces of aluminum dryer tubing in your front bumper...

Ram air might give a few (read: 1-3) rwhp at high speeds. Claims of anything more than that seems outside of normal reason.

MarkVIII93 said:
Good job! You spent hours putting useless pieces of aluminum dryer tubing in your front bumper...

WTF is your problem? did I do something to offend you in the past? or am i the only one who realises how big of an ass you are bieng to me for no reason what so ever.

Ill just go ahead and ignore you from now on :)

Nitrobasher said:
WTF is your problem? did I do something to offend you in the past? or am i the only one who realises how big of an ass you are bieng to me for no reason what so ever.

Ill just go ahead and ignore you from now on :)

idk, he gets on his period every once in a while, lol.

people idk if you actually watched the videos, but there is an obvious diffrence between the two. dont say its not this or its not that, because...you havent tried it, kayyyy...so far we are the only ones that have it in, and i noticed a diff in tq and times from 80-120, and if you watch the video of his, you can time it and see the diff. so, if you want to say it doesnt work, do it yourself. i dont care if it works or not for you, but i know it works for me. (15.4's when i dont have it down, and 15.3s when i do, btw...shes been running like crap, hence the 15s)

sooooo......do what you want, but everyone needs to lay off the other members, seriously. get along or get out. its not hard.

Members online

No members online now.
Back