Does anyone here have a V6 with an exhaust system on it?

Hundred44Spokes

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Before I go and do anything I wanted to find out if anyone has done this yet. I don't want it to come to spend around 700 dollars to find myself unhappy with it. If anyone can let me know how it sounds and even better if you have a video of it, let me know.

Also, for all of us V6 owners...has anyone ever thought about taking the two turbos from an Noble M15 and using it on our engine? I know the Noble and the LS V6 share the same engine so I was just wondering.

I had the magnaflow exhaust on my 00 lsv6 liked it early on but later hated it. I thought that there was too much drone in the passenger compartment at hwy speeds.

Also, for all of us V6 owners...has anyone ever thought about taking the two turbos from an Noble M15 and using it on our engine? I know the Noble and the LS V6 share the same engine so I was just wondering.

The v6 LS does not share the same 3.0L engine with the Noble. It does share the same 3.0L engine with the Jaguar S-type. This has been discussed here before.

The v6 LS does not share the same 3.0L engine with the Noble. It does share the same 3.0L engine with the Jaguar S-type. This has been discussed here before.
Actually, they both start with the same basic Ford Duratec 3.0. By the time Lincoln and Noble were done with them, though, they were significantly different. :D

As soon as you give Noble a check with their name and your signature on it, and everything else blank. :D

I don't know exactly how much Noble's version of the D30 costs, but I'd bet it's close to the price of a V6 LS...

I had the magnaflow exhaust on my 00 lsv6 liked it early on but later hated it. I thought that there was too much drone in the passenger compartment at hwy speeds.
Noah,

Did you have exhaust tips that extend past the bumper? What I have noticed with the Magnaflow system is that it compares to the stock system with the down turn tips. To reduce resonation inside the car it is better to put exhaust tips on the Magnaflow system to push the sound from underneath the car.

Hundred, what kind of LS do you have? I can't believe you'd make a post like this without giving that information. The stock 00-02 exhaust system is very different from the 03+ LS exhaust system, and hence it will make a difference depending on what type of car you have.

I've had the Magnaflows on for 4 years and love the performance increase and sound. The turndown tips on the stock kit reflect a lot of soise back into the cabin, but like Ken says, straight tips out past the bumper cover reduces that noise significantly, and to a level where you hear them but not that loud, and even then only under hard acceleration.

I have one and I love it!
It is really loud but that's what I wanted... I also have a KKM filter as well (not sure if it means)
Not sure about video, Z lot is a walk from my dorm and I'm cameraless, see if I can borrow one

You would be right, I can't believe I left that detail out. In my defense I did make the post at 2:30 in the morning :D

Remind me to pound on your head with a pipe wrench later. (J/K! :D )

I think there are some performace gains to be had with an exhaust system, even on a V6. You'll have to consider the cost factor, though, since the systems go for several hundred dollars. I believe you can modulate the sound by choice of muffler.

Good luck!

Members online

Back