Does anyone have any idea of the spring clamp sizes on coolant hoses?

Yeah, that's certainly not right. The reviews note the same problems. I was tempted a while back to buy some clamp assortments on Amazon. The reviews on all the ones I looked at scared me off.
I almost think the few good ones they have far as reviews might be fake reviews. And just cause you see verified purchase it does not mean anything. There is sellers out there that pay for people to buy their stuff and leave reviews. Amazon has cracked down on the paid review things over the years but it never stops.

You are looking for Bellville type "constant tension spring clamps".

Don't know anything about the site... but..

CTC27 - Constant Tension Hose Clamp [CTC27] - $0.96 : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

With seeing how close the other one is and breaking out the tape measure I think this one right here is gonna possibly work.
CTC27 - Constant Tension Hose Clamp [CTC27] - $0.96 : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair
If not maybe even this one
CTC26 - Constant Tension Hose Clamp [CTC26] - $0.95 : Bel-Metric, Metric Hardware, Metric Fasteners, Metric Bolts, Metric Nuts & Time-Sert Thread Repair

Cause was kinda socked the other clamp was indeed 25mm extended and this one should hold it tight from the looks of it if the size is right. And if not their quality does look a lot better than some of the others out there and they have about every size for it.

So you were quite possibly right all along. But I am pretty sure 2 different sizes are gonna be needed. So with that being said I think the smaller hose will use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CYVSG but maybe even the CTC26 one could do both.

Last edited:
What about these?
Screenshot_20200115-115816_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Look at McMaster-Carr, there will be multiple options to solve your clamp dilemma.
It was solved as I stated in my last post. I have tested the clamps on the lines and they hold well. But I will check them out if I have any more clamp needs. But honestly after seeing the quality of BelMetric I really like them so I already trust them from what I can see and touch in my hand. I had the old aux pump and heater valve and tested how they hold and they were nice and tight.

You could always upgrade to the Gates PowerGrip clamps. Definitely overkill for this car, but you wouldn't be fighting as much for a perfectly fitting clamp

You could always upgrade to the Gates PowerGrip clamps. Definitely overkill for this car, but you wouldn't be fighting as much for a perfectly fitting clamp
The ones I got fit perfect, so I won't have to go that route. But thanks for the suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back