Do you live in IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, IN, OH, or Ky

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sign in for the Midwest chapter of the LVC

Anyone living in IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, IN, OH, and Ky should sign uo for the midwest chapter ---

To do so go to your USER CP and on the left side choose Group Memberships. There you can choose to sign up for the midwest chapter and have access to the midwest chapter forum.

Im looking to move back to MN in the next five or so years. If not earlier. Do you mind if I sign up? Just so I can read whats going on. . . :questionm

If MN is considered part of this is Manitoba as well?

We only have a hanful of canadians - which is why I didnt include them. Your more then welcome to join whichever chapter makes most sense for you...... Midwest is the only one up right now cause we're trying to work out the details on how to build a chapter, once done there will be several more chapters.

update of Mark VII to Lincoln Continental - new name is LC/DC

Joey/Chicago: Thanks for news on the midwest chapter of Lincoln/Cadillac - LVC.
Can I ask you or anyone in the midwest chapter to comment on my pending purchase of
'01 Lincoln Continental with 49,600 miles ... and ... carfax guarantee for buyback
stating they've checked the car's history for this 2001 Lincoln Continental
(Silver/Black top)(1LNHM97V21Y618075) & find it a 1 owner car in Michigan. It was
originally owned by a company that manages a fleet of vehicles ...typically used by
smaller cos like Banks or small businees firms. No minor or major accidents by fire
or flood. consistent mileage of 13,500 miles per yr...slightly lower than industry
average ? It's basic warranty is expiring at 50,000 which is now! So the warranty
is gone ... and I'm considering the GE Warranty called 3 star plus covering Engine
Transmission, Drive Axle, Brakes Front Suspension, cooling, Steering Electrical Fuel
injector, Climate control, Seals & Gaskets + optional coverage of electonics
/ac/control modules & power tech (window motors/antennae/trunk
mount/seats/mirrors/cruise control etc. Deductable can be $50, $100, or something
GE calls a "disappearing $100 &/or $200? Cost quoted for GE Warranty for 48 mos
(48,000 miles) is $1788. So after all this: I have two (2) questions regarding the
purchase price which the dealer Southern Auto, Gaithersburg, Md offers is $17,833
.... and GE's cost is quoted at $1788 for a 4 yr period ... current mileage is
almost 50,000 ... so the coverage would take the car up to 98,000 miles. At this
point 2008 ... the car should actually have only 70,000 (since I drive only 5,000
mi/yr) for recreation only (age 73 in '04 & 77 in '08).
is this a good "reasonalble" deal on the proposed purchase price ... &/or the
Warranty cost? Any comments & suggestions would be appreciated ...having found a MarkVII buyer... on my '88 vehicle is now at 110,000 miles. Any opinion JoeyChgo ?

M F Cody

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in! I signed up a while back, but like others my location
(350 mi from Chicago) will limit my ability to attend a regular
amount of meets in that area. Although I would like to attend
something next summer.

Thanks, Dennis
:L

Id like to do a national bash next spring.......... Something to draw everyone

Members online

Back