Do you have remote start? What products/modules did you use?

Joshawa

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Title says it all, I searched for remote start and didn't see much of anything so I'm curious if y'all have a remote start and how you got it done. Thanks :)

Title says it all, I searched for remote start and didn't see much of anything so I'm curious if y'all have a remote start and how you got it done. Thanks :)

With the complex electrical system on the LS, it would be of help to tell us what Gen car you are talking about. They're sure to have differences.

KS

I used an older viper(5701) on mine and another guys from here. I've also used a compustar 7200 (you will need a "blade" bypass for that one as it docks into the brain), all that I'm going to use for myself from now on due to it being a better designed system

as far as a bypass, I have an idatalink ALCA. you will need a couple of extra relays, its been a while but there is at least one (maybe two) extra ignition wires, and one for the trunk pop. you will also need tto run two wires into the drivers door to disarm the factory alarm and also control the locks (and which can also be set up to window roll up and down).

not a hard car to do if you've done a few of them, but there is a good amount of extra prep/wiring work.

also for this car, gen doesn't really matter as the install is exactly the same aside from one extra ignition wire to keep a check engine light from coming on. if your are going to have it done by a shop, be prepared for a higher cost than what you see "most cars" advertised for due to the extra wiring.

Members online

No members online now.
Back