Do we really need.....

JoeyGood

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Do we really need McCain or Obama in office?

I say NO!

What we really need is someone that knows what it's like to come from MIDDLE CLASS AMERICA.

We need someone that knows what it is to go hungry

That knows what it is to pay outrageous taxes for every day necessities.

That knows that our country should come first before helping other countries

The way I see it we have lost any good chance of getting a leader that has the B@lls to say and do what is good for this country OUR country which once was a feared and respected country. Now some may say we go to other counties to make sure the world stays balanced and we have some sort of control over what weapons they build and how we should feed the needy and being humane where on one side we bomb the hell out of a country and then feed them at the same time HELLOOO this is war people. Terrorists don't follow the Geneva Convention so what good is it if the rules of engagement are not followed. I don’t know about any of you but I have lost quite a few good friends from this bull crap they call a war over the years we’ve been involved in.

We should be looking to feed our people before any feeding any other countries. We should have been more aware of what was going on in our own country before getting caught with our pants down.

Yes we should know what other countries have and are building as far as weapons but once this is known we should be building smarter weapons to counter those since we do have the means to do so. Those who we have as allies and ask for help should only be getting equipment sold to them and NOT send our people over getting them put in harms way. That should be last resort if anything.

Before 9/11 this country‘s middle class was doing so well, everyone was making money and not that many were complaining. Now we worry about everything, if we’ll have enough money to buy food to feed our families, if we have enough to pay for the roof over our heads, if we have enough to put gas in our cars, all cost rise and we know that but in the last couple of years we have been bent over and taken for ride.

Our rights have been taken away by some HOMELAND SECURITY act bull which is not defined as to what extent it can and will go that a kid with a model helicopter (with a 12 inch propeller which ran on batteries no less) can’t fly it in park that is 26 acres big. Now I’m all for knowing what’s going on, hell I don’t even mind the eavesdropping stuff ( got nothing to hide) but when you tell a 10 year old not to fly his birthday present in the park that is going a little too far.

I have been through and seen what happen first hand at the twin Towers on that day and would be the first to say we need to be more secure and have laws in place and get those responsible but in the same time take care of our own. This war had nothing to do with us or WMD or the people that were involved with 9/11. It was just pure and simple about the oil which has grown to show us that greed gets us nothing but more money hungry people and these people run the country we call home. If we really wanted OSAMA we would have him all ready but it’s not worth it for the rich guys running this government to catch him because there goes all the stuff they got away with trying to” GET HIM”

You have to ask yourself, do we really count as far a voting? Do we really decide who goes into office?

Here is my prediction and after the elections you can tell me if I was wrong or not
(And I hope I am wrong but look at history and it does repeat it’s self)

McCain will be the one put in office and this I say because (and I know this will strike a few nerves and I will get flak for it but hey it’s the truth as I know it) There will never be a woman president, there will never be a black president or a Catholic president because it just doesn’t happen. You need to have some sort of pedigree to become a president (meaning they are molded, groomed or what ever you want to call it. You have to belong to some sort of lets say class for arguments sake). We don’t decide who gets in office they are placed there by those who have the most influence and that is the ones that have the most to gain and want to control and stay in control of this country and that is the rich corporate hogs namely the Oil companies, the FED (bankers), and the companies with government contracts.

Let’s see what happens and see who gets in to office

Replies to this thred are more than welcome and I would be glad to get back any feed back as to what people think and even proven wrong for that matter (I hope i get proven wrong but from what I have seen we're in for a ride again)

Do we really need McCain or Obama in office?

I say NO!

What we really need is someone that knows what it's like to come from MIDDLE CLASS AMERICA.
John McCain was middle class America until he was captured by the Vietnamese, at which point he was lower than lower class America.
We need someone that knows what it is to go hungry
John McCain went hungry for 5 1/2 years in North Vietnam.
That knows what it is to pay outrageous taxes for every day necessities.
John McCain was denied every day necessities for 5 1/2 years in North Vietnam.
That knows that our country should come first before helping other countries
I agree with this. Who do you have in mind?
Before 9/11 this country‘s middle class was doing so well, everyone was making money and not that many were complaining. Now we worry about everything, if we’ll have enough money to buy food to feed our families, if we have enough to pay for the roof over our heads, if we have enough to put gas in our cars, all cost rise and we know that but in the last couple of years we have been bent over and taken for ride.
You might want to look to the Democrats for accountability here. They're the ones who have prevented oil expansion in this country.
Our rights have been taken away by some HOMELAND SECURITY act bull which is not defined as to what extent it can and will go that a kid with a model helicopter (with a 12 inch propeller which ran on batteries no less) can’t fly it in park that is 26 acres big. Now I’m all for knowing what’s going on, hell I don’t even mind the eavesdropping stuff ( got nothing to hide) but when you tell a 10 year old not to fly his birthday present in the park that is going a little too far.
No disagreement here, but can you cite where the law states this? I'm curious.
It was just pure and simple about the oil which has grown to show us that greed gets us nothing but more money hungry people and these people run the country we call home. If we really wanted OSAMA we would have him all ready but it’s not worth it for the rich guys running this government to catch him because there goes all the stuff they got away with trying to” GET HIM”
If this is really true, then why are gas prices so high? You're ranting a little here, and your emotions are trumping your good sense.
You have to ask yourself, do we really count as far a voting? Do we really decide who goes into office?
I don't think we do.
Here is my prediction and after the elections you can tell me if I was wrong or not
(And I hope I am wrong but look at history and it does repeat it’s self)

McCain will be the one put in office and this I say because (and I know this will strike a few nerves and I will get flak for it but hey it’s the truth as I know it) There will never be a woman president, there will never be a black president or a Catholic president because it just doesn’t happen.
Jack Kennedy was Catholic.

John McCain was middle class America until he was captured by the Vietnamese, at which point he was lower than lower class America.

Middle class then and now were different or at least the last 10 yrs have been

John McCain went hungry for 5 1/2 years in North Vietnam.
Goes to show what I said about the rules of engagement

John McCain was denied every day necessities for 5 1/2 years in North Vietnam.
See above answer

I agree with this. Who do you have in mind?

HMMM not much now unless we stop all the politically correct bull we are all afraid of today..

You might want to look to the Democrats for accountability here. They're the ones who have prevented oil expansion in this country.

This I agree but there is no guaranty if we do that they will change anything

No disagreement here, but can you cite where the law states this? I'm curious.
That’s the point, nothing is written down to specify and trust me I looked to see , the exact words were and this was by a park ranger “ We can’t allow any type of flying models or toys to be operated due to new restriction placed by the homeland security act” I asked for him to show me where it’s written or at least a code number or such for the law and he said that was what he was told and if I don’t turn off the toy (that is what it was just a toy) he would confiscate it and call the police. (not to ruin the kids day I took him to a parking lot to fly it where we had no trouble) but isn’t that some sh1t? I had to leave the park with my nephew to fly a toy

If this is really true, then why are gas prices so high? You're ranting a little here, and your emotions are trumping your good sense.

Because they haven’t got full control yet and that’s why they don’t want to pull the troops not because it would look like an other Vietnam or such but because they need to gain full control.

Jack Kennedy was Catholic.

You mean John and look at what they did to him or do you believe it was the mob or the pigeon they said did it

Middle class then and now were different or at least the last 10 yrs have been
Irrelevant. By the time a candidate reaches sufficient age to be deemed mature enough to be President, middle class will have changed for him/her compared to earlier days. I stand by my statement.

Goes to show what I said about the rules of engagement
That's not what I was responding to. Stop changing the subject.

See above answer
See my above answer.

HMMM not much now unless we stop all the politically correct bull we are all afraid of today..
I said WHO?

That’s the point, nothing is written down to specify and trust me I looked to see , the exact words were and this was by a park ranger “ We can’t allow any type of flying models or toys to be operated due to new restriction placed by the homeland security act” I asked for him to show me where it’s written or at least a code number or such for the law and he said that was what he was told and if I don’t turn off the toy (that is what it was just a toy) he would confiscate it and call the police. (not to ruin the kids day I took him to a parking lot to fly it where we had no trouble) but isn’t that some sh1t? I had to leave the park with my nephew to fly a toy
I'm with you there. Our personal freedoms are being eroded. We'll probably never get them back without scrapping the whole thing and starting over. :shifty:

Because they haven’t got full control yet and that’s why they don’t want to pull the troops not because it would look like an other Vietnam or such but because they need to gain full control.
Begging your pardon, but step away from the Kool-Aid pitcher. You have zero evidence that this is the case.

You mean John and look at what they did to him or do you believe it was the mob or the pigeon they said did it
Also went by Jack, and my point still stands - we've already had a Catholic prez. And I believe the Soviets had Jack killed, NOT because he was Catholic.

Irrelevant. By the time a candidate reaches sufficient age to be deemed mature enough to be President, middle class will have changed for him/her compared to earlier days. I stand by my statement.

Ok Agreed and noted but at least he should be out there asking what and how he should be helping us out. Not once have I seen either candidate out talking with regular people just to see what we have to deal with as far as expenses and such or what complaints we might have. (One or 2 meet and great sessions don’t count) this should happen with out reporters putting their noses into the mix and have people ask away on what they want to say or ask, (I know that would be asking too much but hey we can always hope)

That's not what I was responding to. Stop changing the subject. .

I wasn’t changing the subject but maybe should have been clearer. McCain was held against his will where as people that can be helped are not and that is what I meant.

I said WHO? .

Sorry read it wrong and I really don’t know who would be able stand up and say enough is enough

Begging your pardon, but step away from the Kool-Aid pitcher. You have zero evidence that this is the case. .

Maybe not now but when all is said and done I bet there will be some company (American owned) in charge of taking care of either pipelines or managing what goes in and out of those countries with oil. So once they decide when this war is over you can say either I told you so or hey you were correct, we just have to wait it out and see.

Also went by Jack, and my point still stands - we've already had a Catholic prez. And I believe the Soviets had Jack killed, NOT because he was Catholic.

I wasn’t saying he got killed because he was Catholic but merely pointing out and I can say this because I did look it up, most of all presidents in history have been Protestant and those that weren’t you might be able to count on your fingers with out running out of fingers to count with.

But I would like to hear on how you think it was the Soviets that did it.

Ok Agreed and noted but at least he should be out there asking what and how he should be helping us out. Not once have I seen either candidate out talking with regular people just to see what we have to deal with as far as expenses and such or what complaints we might have. (One or 2 meet and great sessions don’t count) this should happen with out reporters putting their noses into the mix and have people ask away on what they want to say or ask, (I know that would be asking too much but hey we can always hope)
Hillary tried the whole, "I'm here to listen to you" stuff. Of course, she wasn't sincere. McCain does march to the beat of his own drummer, and that is simultaneously a strength and a weakness. But you've obviously missed the dozens of town hall meetings that McCain has done. He's done far more listening than Obama, who can't even answer a question without a teleprompter, and Biden, who has learned the art of giving a 10-minute speech about himself without taking a breath. It is also worthy of note that McCain has repeatedly challenged Obama to do unscripted town hall debates with him, and Obama has yet to even acknowledge those challenges.
I wasn’t changing the subject but maybe should have been clearer. McCain was held against his will where as people that can be helped are not and that is what I meant.
McCain's tax plan stands to help the middle class quite a bit, both by lowering their taxes directly and by lowering business taxes. Remember that a rising tide lifts all ships.

Maybe not now but when all is said and done I bet there will be some company (American owned) in charge of taking care of either pipelines or managing what goes in and out of those countries with oil. So once they decide when this war is over you can say either I told you so or hey you were correct, we just have to wait it out and see.
What would be wrong with that? We spent hundreds of billions freeing the Iraqis, and they now have pretty fat wallets. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get some compensation for ridding them of Saddam, and it would be a good way to secure close economic ties with what will be a fledgling ally in the middle of a hostile region.

I wasn’t saying he got killed because he was Catholic but merely pointing out and I can say this because I did look it up, most of all presidents in history have been Protestant and those that weren’t you might be able to count on your fingers with out running out of fingers to count with.

But I would like to hear on how you think it was the Soviets that did it.
Not gonna go there in this thread. It's off topic. But I might get into it another time.

Hillary tried the whole, "I'm here to listen to you" stuff. Of course, she wasn't sincere. McCain does march to the beat of his own drummer, and that is simultaneously a strength and a weakness. But you've obviously missed the dozens of town hall meetings that McCain has done. He's done far more listening than Obama, who can't even answer a question without a teleprompter, and Biden, who has learned the art of giving a 10-minute speech about himself without taking a breath. It is also worthy of note that McCain has repeatedly challenged Obama to do unscripted town hall debates with him, and Obama has yet to even acknowledge those challenges.

That is what I meant by meet and greet, those questions are all screened before he starts the Town Hall meetings. Can you point out any question that ever stumped him where he didn’t have an answer? Obama is a lost case when it comes to raw questions and that we all know

McCain's tax plan stands to help the middle class quite a bit, both by lowering their taxes directly and by lowering business taxes. Remember that a rising tide lifts all ships.

I admit his plan does sound good but what the outcome and if it goes through we have to wait and see

What would be wrong with that? We spent hundreds of billions freeing the Iraqis, and they now have pretty fat wallets. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get some compensation for ridding them of Saddam, and it would be a good way to secure close economic ties with what will be a fledgling ally in the middle of a hostile region.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that but don’t tell us it was for WMD’s that we went in (misinformation or not we looked stupid when none were found) or it would look like an other Vietnam if we pulled out now

Not gonna go there in this thread. It's off topic. But I might get into it another time.

When you’re ready I’m all ears and I’ll buy the coffee :)

But you've obviously missed the dozens of town hall meetings that McCain has done. He's done far more listening than Obama, who can't even answer a question without a teleprompter, and Biden, who has learned the art of giving a 10-minute speech about himself without taking a breath. It is also worthy of note that McCain has repeatedly challenged Obama to do unscripted town hall debates with him, and Obama has yet to even acknowledge those challenges.
Good God man, you've got to be kidding. I've seen some of those town hall meetings of McCain's. Those are so transparently scripted it's ridiculous. I especially liked the little 9 year-old girl asking, "Are you gonna raise our taxes?" Barf.

Good God man, you've got to be kidding. I've seen some of those town hall meetings of McCain's. Those are so transparently scripted it's ridiculous. I especially liked the little 9 year-old girl asking, "Are you gonna raise our taxes?" Barf.
Your trite expostulation notwithstanding, "Bones," McCain comes off much better in these environments than Obama does. Obama is the Wizard of Uuhhs, talks in circles, can't keep his thoughts straight, and forgets how many states America consists of. He's at an extreme disadvantage in any setting other than a teleprompter speech event, and he knows it. Otherwise he wouldn't duck the challenges by McCain.

Yes, a lot of them can be scripted (I think Hillary was the best example), but the issue is speaking off the cuff. Obama sucks at it while McCain accels...

Oh, and obviously you didn't see the Saddleback forum. :rolleyes:

So, what's your point... we need a President to take care of you?
To feel your pain, to empathize with you?

Isn't that what your Mommy is for?

We're talking about the Presidency here. Tell the federal government to get out of your life, to get out of your way. The executive office isn't supposed to be involved in local issues. Unfortunately, federal power has been this leviathan that just keeps expanding and growing, due in large part to politicians expanding their power and influence, and a culture that wants to look to D.C. to keep them safe from everything, including failure and themselves.

Additionally, before 9/11 we were going into an economic slow down. It was made worse by the 9/11 attack. However, the tax cuts stimulated the economy and we've seen economic growth throughout the rest of the Bush administration.

You're claim that everyone is worried now is a product of the media, not the country. They are issues primarily of perception, less reality. However it's a changing world, economic challenges do exist. But the solution isn't more government, it's less. We all need to recognize that the international marketplace is changing and make sure we stay competitive.

Your rant may have been cathartic, but it was otherwise just silly.

So, what's your point... we need a President to take care of you?
To feel your pain, to empathize with you?

Isn't that what your Mommy is for?

We're talking about the Presidency here. Tell the federal government to get out of your life, to get out of your way. The executive office isn't supposed to be involved in local issues. Unfortunately, federal power has been this leviathan that just keeps expanding and growing, due in large part to politicians expanding their power and influence, and a culture that wants to look to D.C. to keep them safe from everything, including failure and themselves.

Additionally, before 9/11 we were going into an economic slow down. It was made worse by the 9/11 attack. However, the tax cuts stimulated the economy and we've seen economic growth throughout the rest of the Bush administration.

You're claim that everyone is worried now is a product of the media, not the country. They are issues primarily of perception, less reality. However it's a changing world, economic challenges do exist. But the solution isn't more government, it's less. We all need to recognize that the international marketplace is changing and make sure we stay competitive.

Your rant may have been cathartic, but it was otherwise just silly.

Product of the media?

Have you gone shopping? Have you put gas in your car? Have you paid Con Ed at all? (For those who don’t know Con ED is New York’s power and gas supplier) Between the gas and oil prices going up, Con Ed now charges an additional delivery fee

I think it's more than just a local issue here. I don't know about you but I know I feel it every time I fill up, and go shopping and NO I don't want a president to take care of me just to make sure we don't get screwed.

When you say tax cuts which are you talking about because other than that check we got that was to boost business I haven't seen my federal taxes go down on my paycheck. Who does those tax cut help anyway?

The year before we got back 300
This year we got 600

I think it wasn’t to help anyone just to balance the books or to quiet everyone down for the gas and oil going up

The only thing I see being local and I’ll give you that is the New York City rents which I might add could be handled by the government if the were to put some sort of standard on like all the rest they thought would affect their pockets but since it doesn’t they won’t do anything for us. Hell even Bloomberg lives outside of the city. When he is in the city he lives in a freebie home.

Silly? UMMM no not really just pointing out things

I think I can see where you're coming from. You're sick of the gas crunch, and you're sick of the business as usual from Washington. I get that.

Although the President can't magically solve all of people's problems (with all due respect to the Messiah, the Holy Barack), he can certainly promote policies that help. Right now I see two policies that will help people's pocketbooks: Lower taxes, and encouragement to expand our own sources of energy. The Republican platform does want this, with a "kitchen sink" approach to energy, including nuclear plants, solar, wind, drilling, etc. And McCain/Palin are about cutting taxes and cutting spending.

Obama on the other hand proposes massive tax increases to pay for his massive spending proposals, many of which will be entitlements, and cutting military. In addition, he's proposed that we learn to live on less energy while he refuses any drilling or expansion, which is in essence a shortage economy. In other words, he's selling Hope and Change but actually representing Despair.

Keep that in mind when you vote.

Note: As far as which taxes are cut, consider this: No, cutting your personal income taxes probably won't make a lot of difference no matter who you are. But McCain proposes to cut corporate taxes, which means lower prices and a more healthy economy. That's a rising tide that lifts all ships. As Fred Thompson put it, the Obama team says they're not going to scoop the water out of your side of the bucket, only out of the other side of the bucket.

Product of the media?
Everything is framed as a crisis.
Negatives are over reported and sensationalized. Positives are glossed over and ignored. Years of positive economic figures are not reported, but during that period any possible problem was magnified and spotlighted. Are these editorial issues made for political reasons, simply because journalism is really a consumer product and it's a business decision, or a combination of the two is the unanswered question.

I think it's more than just a local issue here. I don't know about you but I know I feel it every time I fill up, and go shopping and NO I don't want a president to take care of me just to make sure we don't get screwed.

And you think the President should be involved personally to make sure you're not being screwed? Have you considered thinking of your mayor, council people, state congress, or governor first? And then on the national issues, have you looked at your legislative representatives?

And being in New York, you should realize, there are two of the most counter productive, high profile, anti-freedom, anti-business, high tax, income redistributing windbags safely in office.

Want to see energy prices drop- get rid of Hillary and Schumer.
Want to see business and manufacturing not only STAY in the US but import here- get rid of Hillary and Schumer.
Want to see the value of the dollar go back up- get rid of Hillary and Schumer.
And all of their allies. And the Republicans who are wasteful as well.

When you say tax cuts which are you talking about because other than that check we got that was to boost business I haven't seen my federal taxes go down on my paycheck. Who does those tax cut help anyway?
If you haven't gotten a tax cut since 2000, then you're not making enough to pay taxes (or you have enough deductions to offset it) or your earnings have increased. Most likely, I suspect you aren't even aware precisely how much you pay specifically to the feds.

And being in NY, dealing with federal tax, state tax, city tax, a regressive sales tax, gas taxes, and everything else, it's easy to lose track.

The year before we got back 300
This year we got 600
Stimulus checks aren't tax cuts- if that's what you're refering to. As a PR move, they can be packaged as such, but that's not what they usually are. This last "stimulus check" had nothing to do with tax policy, it was just a redistribution of money.

We absolutely face challenges in the future. But we're not in a crisis. YET.
We do need to secure the dollar.
We do need to encourage free trade.
We do need to reduce restrictions and burdensome taxation on industry, otherwise it will all simply move overseas.
We need to pursue energy independence.
We do need to control spending in D.C.
We also need to convince people to stop looking to D.C. for their answers. This country can not afford socialized health care, retirement, or any of the other Utopian proposals being advanced by Democrats to buy votes from the frightened.
And we do need to keep our military strong.

I only see one candidate who'll do any of that.

Oh yeah, Joey, I meant to mention this.

You really ought to move out of New York if you want more freedom. Considered Louisville? We're currently ranked as the 5th freest city in the nation.

. When you say tax cuts which are you talking about because other than that check we got that was to boost business I haven't seen my federal taxes go down on my paycheck. Who does those tax cut help anyway?

The tax cuts help everyone who spends money in this economy, either directly or indirectly. It directly (and rightly) benefits those who pay the largest portion of the taxes. It indirectly effects everyone in the economy.

Obama will not continue the Bush tax cuts, which will effectively result in one of the largest single tax increases ever! He will also increase other taxes as well, further huring the economy...

Everything is framed as a crisis.
Negatives are over reported and sensationalized. Positives are glossed over and ignored. Years of positive economic figures are not reported, but during that period any possible problem was magnified and spotlighted. Are these editorial issues made for political reasons, simply because journalism is really a consumer product and it's a business decision, or a combination of the two is the unanswered question.

And you think the President should be involved personally to make sure you're not being screwed? Have you considered thinking of your mayor, council people, state congress, or governor first? And then on the national issues, have you looked at your legislative representatives?

And being in New York, you should realize, there are two of the most counter productive, high profile, anti-freedom, anti-business, high tax, income redistributing windbags safely in office.

Want to see energy prices drop- get rid of Hillary and Schumer.
Want to see business and manufacturing not only STAY in the US but import here- get rid of Hillary and Schumer.
Want to see the value of the dollar go back up- get rid of Hillary and Schumer.
And all of their allies. And the Republicans who are wasteful as well.

If you haven't gotten a tax cut since 2000, then you're not making enough to pay taxes (or you have enough deductions to offset it) or your earnings have increased. Most likely, I suspect you aren't even aware precisely how much you pay specifically to the feds.

And being in NY, dealing with federal tax, state tax, city tax, a regressive sales tax, gas taxes, and everything else, it's easy to lose track.

Stimulus checks aren't tax cuts- if that's what you're refering to. As a PR move, they can be packaged as such, but that's not what they usually are. This last "stimulus check" had nothing to do with tax policy, it was just a redistribution of money.

We absolutely face challenges in the future. But we're not in a crisis. YET.
We do need to secure the dollar.
We do need to encourage free trade.
We do need to reduce restrictions and burdensome taxation on industry, otherwise it will all simply move overseas.
We need to pursue energy independence.
We do need to control spending in D.C.
We also need to convince people to stop looking to D.C. for their answers. This country can not afford socialized health care, retirement, or any of the other Utopian proposals being advanced by Democrats to buy votes from the frightened.
And we do need to keep our military strong.

I only see one candidate who'll do any of that.
Ok So just heard McCains Speach.. and pretty much talked about what i was saying now lets see if everything he says sticks if he gets in to office (which he will) but we wait and see

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, Joey, I meant to mention this.

You really ought to move out of New York if you want more freedom. Considered Louisville? We're currently ranked as the 5th freest city in the nation.

Trust me i have thought about it. Louisville HMMM sounds good how's the housing situation there? Cheap? Expensive?

Trust me i have thought about it. Louisville HMMM sounds good how's the housing situation there? Cheap? Expensive?
Not too bad. Typical apartments run from $400-$700, and houses average around $90k.

What I like about it is the concealed carry law.

What I like about it is the concealed carry law.

OK Now ur talking and i am LISTENING :D

just to get my target and hunting pistol permit was a pain and a half in NYC and took 6 months

I paid $90 for a class, which was about 5 hrs, then paid $50 to the state police, waited 5 weeks, and now have a permit that I renew every 5 years. Can carry anywhere except fed buildings and public schools.

I carry a Glock 27 with extended mag. I use 3 holsters - a K&D Defender, a Bianchi CarryLok, and a SafePacker. Just depends on the outfit and the weather which one I use.

There are ranges throughout the city and there's a free rifle range about 30 mins across the bridge into Indiana. Oh, and something like 35 other states reciprocate, which means you can carry there while using your Kentucky permit.

If you come here I'll hook you up.

But honestly, if you want to carry, move right next door - to Vermont. It has a universal conceal carry law, and you don't need a permit. Vermont also boasts the lowest crime in the nation.

And that just 'allows' you to OWN a pistol, not carry it, yes?
KS
Yes to and from the target range has to be in a lock box but when hunting it can be on my side till i get back to the car or truck and for that i had to go to NYS to get because it's outside of the NYC limits when i hunt

I paid $90 for a class, which was about 5 hrs, then paid $50 to the state police, waited 5 weeks, and now have a permit that I renew every 5 years. Can carry anywhere except fed buildings and public schools.

I carry a Glock 27 with extended mag. I use 3 holsters - a K&D Defender, a Bianchi CarryLok, and a SafePacker. Just depends on the outfit and the weather which one I use.

There are ranges throughout the city and there's a free rifle range about 30 mins across the bridge into Indiana. Oh, and something like 35 other states reciprocate, which means you can carry there while using your Kentucky permit.

If you come here I'll hook you up.

But honestly, if you want to carry, move right next door - to Vermont. It has a universal conceal carry law, and you don't need a permit. Vermont also boasts the lowest crime in the nation.

WOW I just looked up the gun laws in both states... WOW! how come these laws can't be the same here? no wonder the crime rate is down that much,

Now the only holding me back is finding a job if i do move to either states :D

thanks for the eyeopener

Members online

No members online now.
Back