Do the "lock/unlock all" buttons on the driver and passenger doors only work ....

medphys

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
..when the engine is on/ignition on ACC, or within two minutes of shut off? :Lately on my '06, I've tried to open all doors while engine off and was refused. Put key in ign and it was ok. Also had a refusal to open trunk lid while not running. This is new to me after 9 years. Is this something easily corrected? Thanks.

after a while the "computer" kills power to the switches INSIDE the car... But i believe its longer that 2 mins.

a theft thing IIRC

after a while the "computer" kills power to the switches INSIDE the car... But i believe its longer that 2 mins.

a theft thing IIRC

Yeah, what 20 or 30. Anyway opening a door would wake it back up. I've never tried the switches after the timeout without opening a door or something, so I don't really know if the switch sense itself powers down or not. I wouldn't expect it to since it runs from the DDM, and it is live all the time. I know for sure that the keypad outside the door works at all times.

Is your remote working? Are you having any data bus related problems?

AFAIK, the trunk button only locks out when the car is in motion.

straight from the 2nd GEN OM

"POWER DOOR LOCKS

Press the top of the control to
unlock all doors and the bottom to
lock all doors.

When the vehicle’s security system
is armed, the power door locks and
remote trunk release control are
disabled; these features will not
work until the security system is
disarmed.
"

I wonder if you could run it through it's passes on the following,

"Central locking/Two stage unlocking

When unlocking the driver door with the key, turn it once toward the
front of the vehicle to unlock that door only, if the two-stage unlocking is
enabled. Turn the key a second time to unlock all doors. When locking,
turn the key toward the back of the vehicle to lock all doors.

Two stage unlocking may be disabled and re-enabled (to allow all vehicle
doors to unlock simultaneously) by simultaneously pressing the lock
and unlock controls on the remote entry transmitter for four seconds.
Note: The turn lamps will flash twice to confirm that a change to the
feature has occurred.
"

... just in the event that it's somehow affecting the interior switches.

See if it starts working normal as it used to after performing that enable/disable operation ... Not sure.

You'd think the interior door switches would just work as they should once one of the doors has been opened.

Guess there is a possibility that it's not meant to work if the keys have been out of the ignition more then 2 minutes.
Never really thought about it or even tried it, I'll have to check it out some day.

In reality one would think that when disabling the alarm by using the FOB as you approach the car, once disabled and drivers door is opened, the interior door panel lock or unlock switches all should just work.

Yes, but I assumed (yes, I know) that he didn't have it armed.

yeah I know, I understand, He'd already be inside it after disabling the alarm, I had to think about it a bit also.

Seems his normal operation should just work as it used to.

Something is up with the DDM I wonder.

Members online

No members online now.
Back