Do I have a chance??

as for the impala mark VIII match-up....I will let you know the real deal in a few days.....first of all the impala's LT1 is a very finikey engine....if not in 100% state of tune it runs like crap......my dad has a 96 impala SS with 23,000 miles...we'll line em up soon enough and I'll let you's know who is king......now for the specs....impala has 3.08gears to my marks 3.07's
mark is lighter at 3700 comapred to the impala's 4300lbs
mark VIII: 4.6l 281 ci 4 cam 32v intech V8 280hp 285tq
impala: 5.7l 350ci ohv pushrod V8 260hp* 330tq same engine in camaro/firebird is 275hp and 300 in the vette
so the HP is about the same but the impala has more torque, but the lincoln has less weight

All I know is that I've driven both and they're pretty closley matched.....the SS feels better off the line....but my mark leaves 60ft of rubber if I punch it w/o the TCS on....It should be a good race....my mark only has 48k, so its relatively new too...all I have to say is it'll basically come down to the driver...I will let you's know soon...but either way, they're both nice cars that are relatively fast............my only question is how come an impala is faster than a marauder? A marauder has the 4 cam motor with 302hp and 318tq...and the marauder has 3.55 gears and better exhaust than our lincolns....

streetfront.jpg

IM000477.JPG

Its about WHERE the power is. The Impala has the power more down low than the Marauder, so the Impala wins 0-60 for that reason

I haven't heard of the Impalla being faster than the Marauder. Fastest marauder I have heard of stock ran 14.7's at 95, should be faster than the Impalla (I've never witnessed a stock one hit 14's).

Members online

No members online now.
Back